Finders Keepers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jambi

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has any favorite spots for finding stuff underwater? eg. Docks, popular OW class sites. I was at the local lake during the week and it was not busy, so I decided to snorkle around a popular boat hangout on a island in the middle of the lake. I just happend to find a pair of Oakley and Bolle sunglasses(set of boat keys too, should have had a key float attached). Worked out great because my Oakleys just broke. I am interested to hear of other peoples good/curious finds while diving/snorkling.

Jambi

It sounds like you might have a good spot, offshore of an island where the current pulls "stuff' away. Just beware of more traditional dockages. You know what's in THAT water, right?

Ewwwwww!

Well, unless cool old bottles count, I haven't found anything of the "finders keepers" status.
My boyfriend is luckier...last winter he found an old Mongomery Wards .22 rifle - my dad is a bit of a gun expert, so he was able to clean it all up, and it works fine!
We find all kinds of weird stuff like bikes and pvc pipe, but I don't 'spose anybody really wants that stuff back.:D

seakdivers once bubbled...
Well, unless cool old bottles count, I haven't found anything of the "finders keepers" status.
My boyfriend is luckier...last winter he found an old Mongomery Wards .22 rifle - my dad is a bit of a gun expert, so he was able to clean it all up, and it works fine!
We find all kinds of weird stuff like bikes and pvc pipe, but I don't 'spose anybody really wants that stuff back.:D

Local police authorities might have been interested in why the gun was there...

just a thought.

The extent of my quarry-gotten booty is a 4 lb Sea Pearl lead weight and a Tusa mask. The mask is a bit on the cruddy side, but a bit of a soak and some elbow grease and it would be suitable for use during training weekends in the event a student forgets OR...ha ha....loses their mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom