Finally starting OW class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now just wait till you go for your advanced and drop to 120 swf... and get narced the first time... then you really will love it!!!

. . :wink:

Well now I have to wait until the 20th and 21st to go again... sheesh

Tomorrow is the first day for my open water dives.... We will be at Rainbow River early...
This should be interesting!

Good-Luck on your OW dives this weekend.
Can't wait to hear all about it !

Very cool! This is a great sport - hope you love it!

Well, I just got back from my first OW dive, 24 feet to the bottom... not bad... had to go slow to get my ears to clear the first time but I did it... first decent was down a line, second was a contour decent... I think I actually went down faster on the contour decent and could feel the pressure on my ears, but all is well... anyway, the pool was harder with all the skills that you had to do....
One more day, two more dives and then a third drift dive... should be fun

Already thinking about a shark tooth dive (look for sharks teeth) off Dunedin.... and if I do this right I will be diving Nitrox....

Congrats on a good diving day! My husband and I just passed our final dives today and we are so happy! We can't wait to do some lobstering ourselves. On our boat today there was a couple that came back with 4 bugs...I was so jealous. Good luck with the rest of your class!

Well I did it... Didn't think I was going to make it today, got up this morning and my head felt like it was in a tin can, you know the feeling you have when you get off a plane and can't hear anything? I though, oh no, this isn't good... but all morning long I worked on clearing, the drive to the site, on the boat, every minute before our first dive I worked on clearing and I could hear my ears pop so I new I could... our first dive was to the bottom, no reference decent, 24 feet, every two to four feet I was trying to clear, if I felt pressure a little kick to hover and clear... worked like a champ... got on the bottom and had to wait for the rest of the class, then we had a hover (buoyancy) piece oh cake... (key here is just a tiny bit of air and wait.... then a little more and wait) then mask removal and replace, this one I swallowed a little water (when they tell you to keep your reg in your mouth no matter what even if you choke/cough/etc, it works, trust it you will be OK)... worked through that.... then we looked around a while, then CESA... interesting, your first instinct is to really exhale don't just do as they say do the ahhhhhh all the way to the top, you can go a long long way.

We then took a break and did the second dive, underwater navigation, couple other things... no biggie.... then we did a drift down the river, I needed a new tank, we were under for 22 minutes the first dive, then 24 the second dive and with my choking on the first one guess I used a little air... but I wasn't the only one.... we then did a drift dive, took us about 30 minutes to go from where we were to the exit point, multiple depths, some cool fish, turtles, etc to see on the way down... it was interesting, lots of varying depths... it was fun....

So now I'm certified.... Thinking next weekend I'm going to the shark tooth dive off Dunedin beach.

Back
Top Bottom