Finally purchased a drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dcostanza

Reaction score
# of dives
Good morning.
I just purchased my first drysuit. ( I can hear you saying...so?)
The reason I'm making this post is because I have been searching for the "right" suit for several months. I talked with everyone that I knew that had a drysuit. Called,emailed or referenced websites of most of the manufacturers. I even read and reread many of the threads past and present in this section. Even got a number of PM's from many board members here for their comments (which I appreciated). Then I went through the process again. I'm normally not that neurotic about things and as I dive just about every weekend, needed to make sure the suit would be able to take that type of diving frequency.

I don't know if I'm going to cross the proverbial "line" on this board by my next comments. I feel that when there is an individual or organization that goes out of their way to assist someone, others should know about it. I am a huge believer in conveying to people where they will be taken care of and conversely where to avoid.

I eventually decided to go with a Viking suit from one of the members here on Scubaboard, Bob3. What is ironic is that early on I decided Viking was probably not the way I was going to go. I have never met Bob3, only had a number of communications via email. I want to let everyone that is looking for their first drysuit purchase, develop a dialog with Bob3. He took a lot of time (and patience) with a number of issues this "first time buyer" had. He was able to deliver it in an amazing time frame. (this was important due to several classes that are in the very near future and I didn't have the time to wait many weeks for a suit to finally arrive ) and the suit was better constructed than expected and fit very well.

Overall, the experience was very positive and I would recommend.

Best Regards
Don Costanza

congradulations ... it's worth the research for something that expensive and what you wanted in way of a drysuit!

Enjoy your Viking.... I hear it's a awesome drysuit.

Safe diving to you:
Sam.:wink:

Hope you enjoy it! Maybe I'll see you at Gilboa sometime and we can compare notes!
Ber :bunny:

Ber,
I do appreciate your time to answer my questions earlier this week as well as the additional info you provided. Looking forward to getting back to Gilboa ASAP.

When are you going to be up there again?

Garfish,
Thank you. Took some time but have 0 "buyers remorse" thus far.

Best Regards
Don

Hi Don,
I went through the same thing and I want to say a big Thank You to all the divers on Scubaboard that helped me.
Bob 3 was very helpful to me also but I did'nt go for a Viking because I did'nt feel confident about patching it. You should see my wet suit where I had to patch it (looks like a Frankenstein Suit).
I ended up buying a DUI TLS350 because it now comes cut for women in stock sizes.
Enjoy your new suit.
Barb:)

Don't know just yet when I'll be able to go. I can't go when the KPP goes in Jan. because I'll be in Florida at a business meeting with the hubby. I'll let you know as soon as I get a chance to go though. The holidays can be such a bear! :)
Ber :bunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom