FINALLY !!!!!! I finally did it..... OW Certification is complete!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats on your certs. Diving is awesome!

HOWEVER - I hate to be the debbie downer but you are so new that taking video instead of focusing on the dive is probably a bad idea. If you had the camera on a head mount or chest mount, I would not even say a thing (the beauty of the GoPro System) but you said in the other thread that you have this mounted on a tray with grips so holding it. I am not saying its dangerous but having a camera, even one so simple as the GoPro, in your hands while being a new diver is just not wise.

You need to get a grip your buoyancy before taking on any more tasks.

My advice would be to take the camera off the tray and put it on the head mount until you are further along in your diving.

But if you dont heed that advice, stay safe, have fun, pay attention to your surroundings besides whats in front of the camera, and DIVE DIVE DIVE!

Just updating on my previous post....

We have been diving and learning everything we can!!! We have been diving about 2-5 times per month (sometimes more) and we completed our AOW in May. Just recently, for Father's Day, my wife and daughter paid for my Rescue Diver course and that is scheduled to begin sometime real soon!!! In response to the last post on this thread, the GoPro and my UW camera rig come out every once in a while, but a lot of times I prefer to just dive. Funny in a way (not really), I guess I can prove that the diving is most important (over filming). I just recently dropped my GoPro while doing our safety stop w/o even noticing that I had done that, until after pulling away from our first dive site of the day. lol As luck would have it, the crew found it the very next morning!!!!! So grateful for that!!! Ok, maybe I didn't prove anything, except that I have my forgetful and clumsy moments too. lol
Anyway, it's been a while and I just wanted to pop in and say hello!!! Hope you all are having as much fun as we are!!! Thanks again for the comments and support.

Respectfully,
Ty

Thank you for coming back here and posting your progress! It's nice to see someone really get hooked on the sport, and so often, people never come back to tell us that.

Back
Top Bottom