Finally have my own gear!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KristenK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm a bit of a nerd, but I'm just so excited. I've had my mask and fins for several years. With two big trips coming up I decided to add to my kit. Got a good deal at Leisure World:

AL Mikron w/octopus
Genesis 3 gauge console
Cressi Travelight BCD

And I bought a used Suunto Vyper off classifieds here on SB.

I'm feeling very official. It will be great to have my own gear. Can't wait to get in the pool and try it out when it arrives next week. And then in Bali in a few weeks!!!:yeahbaby::yeahbaby::yeahbaby:

Well done you.

Nothing like the feeling when you get your own gear :)

It's a slippery slope be warned.

I got my first set (similar to yours) in 2012 - I thought that would be it. How foolish I was

I'm now at 4 BCDs' a ton of regs and a pile of tanks, of and if I treat myself it's only fair I treat my wife to some shiney gear too.

And the courses..

Nowhere in the OW or the AoW manual was there a warning about how addictive this sport could be :facepalm::wink:

Congrats on the new gear! It's always a blast to get new stuff, but especially so when it pertains to scuba gear. I'm always excited to get new gear myself, although at this point there isn't really much I need other than maybe a couple more tanks. But the waiting just sucks! I remember waiting for my FFM to come in when I ordered it. Seemed like it took forever. But well worth it in the long run. Hope your new gear brings you years of enjoyment and keeps your invigoration in this wonderful sport we love!

Now all that’s left is to watch The Road to Bali with Hope & Crosby :)

Seriously! cally yourself a diver! Buying kit just because you Need it!?!

You clearly need to take the "Ooh it's shiney I want it" speciality :wink:
Maybe when I take to diving sidemount with a BP/W I'll buy more. I mean....I am about to buy a GoPro if that counts. And I do need another 2nd stage to keep in my pocket in case my FFM suffers a problem, which has actually happened. Okay it wasn't a problem, but I had gotten a lot of moisture in it and it was fogged up. I had my wife's Atomic Z2 that I'd been using for the duration of my rescue course that weekend in my pocket so rather than flood my FFM and then clear it, I just decided to get in a little practice switching to a convention mask & reg. So I doffed the FFM, put in my octo and donned my regular mask that I always keep with me, then disconnected the FFM from the QD fitting and connected the Z2. Worked like a charm. So I guess I DO actually need that. And maybe a spare air/pony just in case. And maybe the COMS units for my FFM. And the extender kit for my FFM so I have somewhere to better mount the COMS unit, plus it looks kinda nifty. And a couple of tanks for nitrox, and a nitrox analyzer. And a CCR would be really.

But honestly all of my "dive" money this year has been spent on coursework. Currently waiting for my NASE Master Scuba Diver class to start. Then on to Dive Master. So....maybe that counts?

Seriously! cally yourself a diver! Buying kit just because you Need it!?!

You clearly need to take the "Ooh it's shiney I want it" speciality :wink:

Oh, I NEED my next BCD, which will be a BP/W, because I'm taking a course. But, I already have 2 new bcds since December 2017, each only used on one trip each. But I still like them and don't want to sell them. I think I might have a hoarding problem.

You won't be diving sidemount with a BP/W. The Stealth set-up is nice, though.

Oh, I NEED my next BCD, which will be a BP/W, because I'm taking a course. But, I already have 2 new bcds since December 2017, each only used on one trip each. But I still like them and don't want to sell them. I think I might have a hoarding problem.

You just never know....

My 1st BCD got traded after 10 diver for a bpw, then I changed the bladder then the plater then the harness. Then brought another bpw, then added a jacket bcd back to my stable for teaching. Lastest was a Stealth SM rig, and soon another doubles bladder

If visitors need gear I have it

Like tanks. Between my wife and I we have 12 steels and 12 Ali. Just today I picked up another 4 steels and 2 Ali’s, as they’re bound to come in handy...

I’m a dive gear magpie it seems :)

Do a good check on bcd. Tsa like to unscrew the inflator hose and do not always put it back together right. I usually disconnect it and save the rubber o ring in a bag, so they don’t lose it. Good to dive at least once in a pool to make sure they work fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom