FINALLY finished rescue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

on_two_wheels

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After procrastinating for a while, I finally signed up and did rescue this month. Did last of the skills today. Now I can start looking into some of the volunteer stuff I've been wanting to do!!!

Congrats. Reminds me of the time that I was on a boat with a group in which one of them was in the process of doing his rescue. The captain told me to go to the end of the current buoy line at the finish of the dive and signal that I was in distress. Of course the poor mope had taken off all of his gear including fins when they told him to jump in and save my barnacalled a$$. I didn't do a thing to help him out either. I thought he was going to have a heart attack before they dragged me onto the boat. The guy was somewhat overweight and didn't look to be in very good condition. I don't know if he actually thought that I was in trouble at the time but he sure gave me some death-dealing looks while I was laughing at him sucking air like a steam engine for about ten minutes. Little did I know that he was going to buy out the dive shop. We get along fairly well now a days though.

Congratulations. I hope your class was a good one. My Rescue class was the best PADI class I took.

Well Done! When someone signs up for Rescue in our shop all I tell them is to be ready. The stories I can tell just from the pool class and then when you think you have me figured out, well there is open water

Greeting on_two_wheels and congrats on attaining your Rescue!
It is my experience that Rescue is the first step in reaching past the buddy system and broadening your awareness. One very important consideration is to keep the information fresh and stock some of the tools required to perform a rescue.
I have come to appreciate the value of the coarse not just for emergencies but it brings an awareness to the table that will be needed in the future if your dive goals take you into the advanced / Tech realm.

Rescue is a very serious certification and when you use your skills for real, it becomes even more focused. I have been challenged to continue into some even more diver rescue training, DAN O2, etc.
Rescuing am OW single tank diver and a Tech doubles diver are really different.
I have been pondering the class and see it coming in the future.
Congrats and go volunteer! I have learned tons of information from being available to help, assist and volunteer. It can be very rewarding.

CamG keep diving....Keep training....Keep learning!

CamG, I have no interest in tech diving so won't be going there. I actually had to surface a passive panic diver a week before my class. I do carry a mask in my thigh pocket now, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom