Finally did it!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikyyo

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wanted to finally say Hi to everyone on the board. After reading posts here for quite some time I finally finished my ow certification ( the first part) through SSI at an LDS. Buoyancy.....hmm.....very tricky. Anyway, I have some time off starting new years day and was going to try to submit a bid on priceline for a good price on a flight to the caribbean, to finish my certification,on new years eve. I thought with such short notice they might accept my bid. Of course I have to make sure I can get accomodations. I figured 12 hours or so before the flight might increase my chances of getting a relly good deal. I am considering either papa hogs in cozumel or allwest diving in curacao as places to finish my certification. Anyone have any opinions on any of this? Once again, Hi to everyone and thanks for all the insights i've already gotten from the board.

Welcome to the board. Hope you get your flight. And have a lot of fun. Bouyancy will come to you the more you dive. Just remembar to use your lungs to fine tune your bouyancy. And when adding air to your BC. a little at a time. Well have fun.

Blue Angel Diving in Coz, run by Alex & Alex, I know them personally. I also know Mike at Papa Hoggs. But IMHO the instruction you will receive from Blue Angel is better.

ID

Nikyyo

Welcome to the Board! Check out the Travel/Locations section of the Board for other information about Cozumel/Curacao.

regards

Congratulations on completing your OW!!:cheers:

And welcome to the Board - you'll find loads of useful information as well as a few giggles, I presume!

If you do make it to the Caribbean, have a wonderful time!! Enjoy yourself!

Cheers

welcome to the board nikyyo:)

Welcome from Rochester, New York! 28 degrees Farenheit and a foot of new snow! Merry Christmas!

nikyyo once bubbled...
I am considering either papa hogs in cozumel or allwest diving in curacao as places to finish my certification.

Don't forget before you go call in advance to find out what the LDS will require in the way of paperwork to approve your referral. I've heard first hand a number of horror stories. Student divers who thought they had everything they needed and in fact were missing a critical part of their documentation. In the end the approval is made by the certifying instructor - the liability is on that person's head. So make sure you have with you everything that specific individual requires as proof that you've done all the classwork, poolwork, etc... BEFORE you go.

Welcome to the ScubaBoard.

Congrats on starting you OW. DB offered some good advice, wherever you go, make sure you have your paperwork in order. Contact the shop ahead of time to make sure of what you'll need, it's sometimes different than what your existing instructor says it is.

I did my checkout dives in Cozumel...lots more fun than the cold water at home! :wink:

Hi"nikyyo" hawwww cosumel mexico its just a GREAT place to dive. Just got back an finished my (advanced course). I had a wonderful time there,,, diving is great there. But I stayed in Cancun an travel by bus to cosumel.

Have a great time!!! Ricky

Back
Top Bottom