Finally decided to post (been a member how long?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azisme

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I decided to post my first message here rather than the introductions area as this is the main area of the board that I spend my time on. I have been a member of Scubaboard for a long time, but this is my first post. I am a rather new diver of almost 3 years with 32 logged dives. I live in Phoenix and do most of my diving in San Carlos, Mexico.

Dee, I feel as if I know you after reading so many of your posts. The comments, links, and advise you have shared have been invaluable to me. I currently own an Olympus C-4040 with a PT-010 housing. And through the advise of this board, I just purchased an INON D-180 from Yuzo less than two weeks ago. I will be taking it underwater for the first time June 18, WooHoo. I have also decided just this morning that I would be a fool to not upgrade to the 5050. With the 4040's selling on E-Bayfor almost the same price that I can buy the 5050's for, why not? My main influence in this decision is once again Dee, with her comment about how the batteries and memory in the 5050 last her for two dives. With the 4040's maximum 128MB memory, I have to swap memory after every dive. Not having to swap memory for two dives means I don't have to open up the housing at all on a standard two dive boat trip. This is a major reduction in flood risk in my opinion.

So anyway, hello everyone. I am sure I will be at least an on again off again poster now that I have broken the ice. I thank everyone for the good advise and entertainment you have provided for the last year+.

Steve

azisme:
I decided to post my first message here rather than the introductions area as this is the main area of the board that I spend my time on. I have been a member of Scubaboard for a long time, but this is my first post. I am a rather new diver of almost 3 years with 32 logged dives. I live in Phoenix and do most of my diving in San Carlos, Mexico.

Dee, I feel as if I know you after reading so many of your posts. The comments, links, and advise you have shared have been invaluable to me. I currently own an Olympus C-4040 with a PT-010 housing. And through the advise of this board, I just purchased an INON D-180 from Yuzo less than two weeks ago. I will be taking it underwater for the first time June 18, WooHoo. I have also decided just this morning that I would be a fool to not upgrade to the 5050. With the 4040's selling on E-Bayfor almost the same price that I can buy the 5050's for, why not? My main influence in this decision is once again Dee, with her comment about how the batteries and memory in the 5050 last her for two dives. With the 4040's maximum 128MB memory, I have to swap memory after every dive. Not having to swap memory for two dives means I don't have to open up the housing at all on a standard two dive boat trip. This is a major reduction in flood risk in my opinion.

So anyway, hello everyone. I am sure I will be at least an on again off again poster now that I have broken the ice. I thank everyone for the good advise and entertainment you have provided for the last year+.

Steve

So maybe we should keep Dee around a little longer? Cool.

{shouting} Yo Yo - someone back there, go ahead and offer Dee Dee an extension on her contract....

OK - back to you. Welcome to the board. If you;ve been lurking about then you know I'm the biggest Olympus homer on the planet. The 5050 is a solid rig - and if you've been looking around eBay then you know its about bottomed out price wise over the last several months. I paid $465 in January, and I paid about $430 the other day for a friend... So you know they're around, and the price isn't dropping like a stone.

Take your time, get the price you want for the 4040, and grab a 5050. You won't be sorry. The 4040 is a fine rig, but SM is just a weak format.

Be sure to come back and share your stuff.

Enjoy.

K

Mo2vation,

Thanks for the welcome mat. Yes I remember your posts and know you are a big ebay fan as well. I wholeheartily agree with your comments on the C4040. However another influence in my decision to upgrade to the C5050 was the cheap price of $335 that Dr Steve found at http://www.digitaldelivered.com . Dr Steve, please give a vendor satisfation report when your camera arrives.

Wow....Maybe I have some job security after all! :D

Steve, I'm glad my posts and info have been helpful to you. It's my way of paying back all the same kind of help I received from others when I got started in digital. What goes around, comes around, ya know?!? Besides...it's fun! :D

We recently bought Beast a new C-5050 from BuyDig, they're going for $409 there now. I hope digitaldelivered.com works out for ya.

Another great thing you'll like about the 5050, among other things, is being able to keep two memory cards on board asnd switch between them. I use a 512mg CF and the 32mgXD card that came with the camera, but I hope to get a larger one soon. One thing I do is use one card for photos and one card for short movie clips. Works out great! You have to change batteries before you need to change cards!

I hope you continue to post! We're here for all your questions, support and envy when you start posting your photos. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom