Finally: 100 Cold Dark Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeckyll

Contributor
Reaction score
Yesterday I finally got 100 dives in. All in BC (way too many at Whitecliff!).

I don't know why that is such a significant number to me and I hope that soon I'll get to go someplace nice and toasty warm and finally get to dive where I don't need a drysuit and all that weight.

Merry Christmas :)

Bjorn

Congratulations! It looks good in the logbook.
I still have fond memories of my 100th: Salt Pier on Bonaire; and 200th: Lake Simcoe Pumpkin carving. A study in contrasts....

jeckyll:
Yesterday I finally got 100 dives in. All in BC (way too many at Whitecliff!).

I don't know why that is such a significant number to me and I hope that soon I'll get to go someplace nice and toasty warm and finally get to dive where I don't need a drysuit and all that weight.

Merry Christmas :)

Bjorn

Congratulation Jeckyll, 100 dives in cold dark water is like doing 250 dives in warm clear water:wink:

Cheers

Al

congrats Jeckyll. I remember my 100th. It is like overcoming a hurdle. After that it is just another #.(until 500 comes along) When I saw this post I grabbed my logbook. I have logged only 47 dives this year so far. 183 total and almost 119 hours u/w time in 5 years. Not bad for an old guy with a family and 2 jobs. LOL.
Like Jeckyll, mostly at Whytecliff.
Sorry I could not make it out yesterday. Hopefully we can get out again soon before baby comes. maybe I can sneak out on Tues after visiting the Boxing Day dive shop sale?
Happy Holidays to all,
Les

Congrats. #100 is more memorable than most other benchmarks I think.

I vividly remember my 100th dive, and for whatever reason, it really is a milestone. (I invited all the instructors I'd worked with to come dive with me and go out to dinner afterward -- Three showed up, one to say hello, one just for dinner, and Bob, bless his heart, dove with me AND went to dinner. It was great fun.) Anyway, congratulations, and I'll hold a good thought for you finding an opportunity to dive light and warm!

no diving for me for a few days. Just received a nice big cold for Xmas. Been fighting it off for 2 weeks... this morning it was in full force.
Have a great holiday season and happy New Year,
Les

Congratulations, Bjorn! As for warm water diving... a mere 25,000 aeroplan miles will get you to Florida! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom