Fin

Fin

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason Ooi:
Which type of fin you choose for scuba diving?
post a poll
1) Full foot Fin
2) Power Fin
3) Jet Fin
4) Force Fin
5) ......Other

What RU trying to learn? IMO the options are rather pointless as you have listed three types of paddle fins, and then lumped splits, and all other paddle fins in with OTHER.

I'm guessing your results will be overwhelmingly in the OTHER catagory as a good number of dives use split fins, and the Mares Quattro are the best selling fins in the world and they both fall into other.

If the poll results are different from this prediction, than it's due to the vocal nature of Jet fin users on this board.

In addition many divers have more than one set of fins they use. I have both BioFins, and some full foot fins.

Yes; trying to learn more and understanding each diver have there own testimonies and comment. I will say learning never ending in our life; in Chinese culture will say
"lean more gain more you never loss"....ya:D
Thank
Jasom
RonFrank:
What RU trying to learn? IMO the options are rather pointless as you have listed three types of paddle fins, and then lumped splits, and all other paddle fins in with OTHER.

I'm guessing your results will be overwhelmingly in the OTHER catagory as a good number of dives use split fins, and the Mares Quattro are the best selling fins in the world and they both fall into other.

If the poll results are different from this prediction, than it's due to the vocal nature of Jet fin users on this board.

In addition many divers have more than one set of fins they use. I have both BioFins, and some full foot fins.

Agreed! Jet fin can do more water skill especially what you say....ya. I used Mares Quattro fin and Apollo bio fin but I more satisfy jet fin in tec or recreational dive.
OE2X:
Jet Fin. Great for all kicks especially the reverse frog.

Jason Ooi:
Yes; trying to learn more and understanding each diver have there own testimonies and comment. I will say learning never ending in our life; in Chinese culture will say
"lean more gain more you never loss"....ya:D
Thank
Jasom

My point was.. would you learn more if you seperated splits from paddle? Yes? They are the two major fin types in the market, so why not list them as seperate poll options..

Ohh! Sorry! Some misunderstanding your previous posted. Good idea maybe we try new thread. Thank you for you’re advised

Jason
RonFrank:
My point was.. would you learn more if you seperated splits from paddle? Yes? They are the two major fin types in the market, so why not list them as seperate poll options..

Mares Quatro with Innovative scuba spring heels. (I like SP jet fins but they are so stiff they mess up a pedicure on giant strides) I have Cressi long full foot free diving fins also. Boy, are they a pain to pack.

Apollo biofins with spring straps, loving it! :)

Blades.

Back
Top Bottom