Fin Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc:
Thanks guys. Just ordered some spring straps from Scuba.com. Made by Innovative Scuba Concepts. Only problem is they sell them in S, M, L, and XL, but no indication of what size to get. And I can't even find them on the Innovative website. So I got the mediums. We'll see...

They plug right into the quick releases of my Sherwood Trek fins. Pretty cool.

Total cost for two: $50 (including shipping & taxes). Yikes.

Jim - if they're the wrong size and you need to send them back, the total for the straps I make, with shipping to Upland, California comes to $40.78.

Just something to think about. :wink:

The tip that I found regarding kelp diving and avoiding fin strap snags (admittedly moot if you're going with spring straps) was to cut a section of a bicycle inner tube to slip over the buckle and strap end. Worked for me.

-Rob

I have never seen them until recently...
Jim, they are not cheap, but you will love them and gladly pay much more after a few dives! :07: No more buckles,adjustments etc -just pull em on and go!

1. Use electrical tape to tape the ends of the straps. The settings hold and they stretch just like the spring straps at 1/4th the cost

2. A diver in our club used a cheap rivet machine to do the same thing, then cut off the ends.

Either way will keep the flaps from .... well, flapping out ... and snagging the strands of kelp.

Hey Guys

I bought Spring Straps for my Volos from Boogie711 a few months ago and they work great. I recommend them. Just for the record, I do not know Boogie. I just read, on this Board, that he was selling Springs and ordered a pair. They are the way to go, I am telling you! He is cheaper than Leisurepro and his design works really well.

Thanks guys. Just got my new spring straps in the mail today. They fit like a glove. I think I'm in love.

Now if they could just make something similar for mask straps.......

Thanks for the tip on spring straps guys. Tried them for the first time in some pretty thick kelp forests and I just glided thru.

Yeah, baby....

mccabejc:
Thanks guys. Just got my new spring straps in the mail today. They fit like a glove. I think I'm in love.

Now if they could just make something similar for mask straps.......

They do.
They are called, "Slap Straps"
Buy the real ones.
They are worth it.

Back
Top Bottom