Fin spring strap sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ElliottM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I could use some help here and hope someone can point me in the right direction. I recently switched to diving in a drysuit from a wetsuit here in the Puget Sound, and my old fin setup doesn't work as well with my drysuit (size 12 US) boots. I have Apollo Bio-Fins with Innovative Ez Spring Dive Fin Straps (sz X-Large), which worked well with my wetsuit booties. However, my drysuit boots are larger and don't fit in the fin pocket well, and the straps are a major pain to get on. Once they are on I often experience foot cramps due to the pressure the springs put on my foot in the boot and fin pocket.

I have looked for replacement spring fin straps, but it is hard to find the lengths of the straps to know if they will help with this problem, and most straps list XL as the largest size available. What would y'all recommend as a replacement spring strap (or even a fin with a large pocket to accomodate the boots) so that my feet don't feel they are being folded in half?

Elliott

I also have L BioFins with spring strap and have not problems with size 11 Rockboots. I use L BioFins for my wetsuit booties.

I just purchased Slipstreams by OMS, size XL with XL springs and they are a little tight. Much tighter than the Apollos.

You may need size LL in the Apollos. Get used to the fact that most people have to have different sized fins for wet vs dry although sometimes I wear my L Apollos wet and dry.

Do you have Apollo Bio Fin C L or LL? They do not have an XL, they call it LL.

Jar,

Thanks for the response. I hadn't even thought that I might need separate sets of fins for diving dry and wet. The Bio Fins I have now are size L, so it would make sense to switch to a larger fin instead of worrying about the spring strap. Or maybe I will use the opportunity to try out a different fin type. Either way, this helps a lot. Thanks!

I travelled many a shop
with just a suit and a boot

If only pita were just a bread

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom