fin spring connectors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPNVINNY

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I bought a set of fin springs for my Dacor Tigers,the problem is they slip off the fins when they aren't under tension. Has anybody found a quick and easy fix to insure they stay attached to the fins.I hate to have to zip tie em on and be that cheap.

Are these the post type fin? Have you seen the stainless steel shackle design? Maybe a photo of the fin without the strap would be helpful.

Russell

Try a search here for "stainless steel shackle". It may be that the posts on your fins have a smaller diameter than those of other fins. The shackle will clamp down on the post, and you can run an SS bolt through the loop of the spring.

If you can't find the design, repost and I'll see if I can find it for you.

CAPNVINNY:
I bought a set of fin springs for my Dacor Tigers,the problem is they slip off the fins when they aren't under tension. Has anybody found a quick and easy fix to insure they stay attached to the fins.I hate to have to zip tie em on and be that cheap.
get yourself some rubber washers to put under the clip, that will fill the void and force the clip to stay on

prod-pic-7.jpg

there were two version of those fins shipped, some with the washers and some without

Good idea Tamas! And looking at those washers makes me think about garden hose coupler O-rings as well. This would be a much cheaper solution than buying an SS shackle.

undrwater:
Good idea Tamas! And looking at those washers makes me think about garden hose coupler O-rings as well. This would be a much cheaper solution than buying an SS shackle.

sure if the inner diameter is the same as the posts on the fin and the outer is larger then opening on the plate and they are wide/thick enough to push the plate against the lip of the post -- but other than that they would be perfect! :D

Thanks Tamas,never would have thought of that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom