Fin & snorkel problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

micknewton:
I've thought about spring straps, but I'm not sure they can be fitted to these fins. There's a post that sticks out from each side of the fin that the strap adjuster attaches to, but there's no holes in it. How would I attach the spring straps?

Mantra makes spring straps that fit on post styled fins. Check here. You most likely want the clip version.

As for snorkle use - just go ahead and use one if that makes you/her more comfortable. In time you may decide to ditch it. You'll need one so long as you are taking classes. Like some of the other contributers to this thread, I got rid of mine. Although when it gets real choppy, I bring along a folding model in case I want to use one.

Cathan:
Mantra makes spring straps that fit on post styled fins. Check here. You most likely want the clip version.
That looks like it would do the job. Thanks!

Cathan:
As for snorkle use - just go ahead and use one if that makes you/her more comfortable. In time you may decide to ditch it. You'll need one so long as you are taking classes. Like some of the other contributers to this thread, I got rid of mine. Although when it gets real choppy, I bring along a folding model in case I want to use one.
I may try one of those fold up snorkels. Thanks again! :)

Back
Top Bottom