Fin sizing question and suggestion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrSam

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
With the help of a few members here, I finally decided on my new "primary" fins. (AquaLung Slingshots and Atomic Split, since the splits were given to me by a friend).
I don't mind cleaning my equipment after a few laps around the pool, but I have noticed that it takes quite a bit of time to clean my booties, the Slingshot's (I was the resistance bands separately), mask, and snorkel. A diver that swims at our pool mentioned that I should purchase full foot fins for pool session (which I currently do a lot to strengthen my legs) since you don't need booties with them.
Question is, how do you size full foot fins? I wear a size 9 bootie and size 9.5 shoes (no socks).

I am currently looking at the ScubaPro Jet Pro, Tusa Xpert Zoom FF-9 (full foot), and possibly the Solla (these are a big maybe due to the price). Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Honestly, I'm just looking for a pair of inexpensive fins that I can use in the pool and not have to worry about washing my booties.

I had the same idea, full-foot fins, the other day. Instead of buying new fins...While I was at lds yesterday I tried on some water shoes with a pair of fins like mine and they fit really well. They were not as comfortable as my dive boots but will work fine in the pool for swimming laps. They were only $15 which is a lot less than buying a pair of full foot fins.
I am going to swim with them tomorrow night and will let you know how they work.

Thanks kendallpg,
I'll have to give those a try. I'm stopping by my local dive shop tomorrow to pick up my new housing so I'll try on a pair of water shoes (assuming they have them) with their slingshots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom