Fin Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KenHW

New
Reaction score
I am a relatively new diver, around 15 dives so far. All have been on vacation, warm water sites. I have my own regulator and rent the rest of my equipment on site. I have struggled mightly taking off the closed heel, rental fins. I really want to travel as lightly as possible but I think I will have to break down and buy my own fins. Any magic dust to put in my fins to get them to come off easier? Or am I stuck buying and lugging more euipment? Thanks.

Ken

I'm not sure what you're going for here because full-foot fins should come off quite easily.
I have always dove booties and open fins, even in warm water as I like to have some protection around my feet. Those fins also come off easily, assuming they fit you correctly.

Phil

You could go out and buy a pairof booties and open heel fins. You will also be quite suprised to find out that the rental fins probably worked better.

Properly fitting closed heel fins should be a little hard to get off, but not mighty hard. Try a pair of nylon socks (made for closed heel fins).

I'll give the socks a try, that sounds like it may do the trick. It just seemed to me that they seemed like the fins were stuck to my feet. Thanks for the help

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom