Fin help - open heel fins that fit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP

Something to think about is that when you get boots get BOOTS. not neo sock things. that will give you a larger foot and a good supporting sole to stand on any terrain or bottom. It sounds like if you had a boot you would not have any of the space you reference.

I have the wife and myself in boots.

DUI Rockboots for Drysuit Scuba Diving Dive Boots Size 5 DUI | eBay

WE wear heavy guy socks and put some girl nylon anklets on to let them slide on easier. The things you get 10 pair for 5 bucks. Her toes no longer curl to keep a tight fit and her leg cramping is gone using them.

She can take her fins off in the water and still have her feet protected when walking to shore or up ladders.

OP

Something to think about is that when you get boots get BOOTS. not neo sock things. that will give you a larger foot and a good supporting sole to stand on any terrain or bottom. It sounds like if you had a boot you would not have any of the space you reference.

I have the wife and myself in boots.

DUI Rockboots for Drysuit Scuba Diving Dive Boots Size 5 DUI | eBay

WE wear heavy guy socks and put some girl nylon anklets on to let them slide on easier. The things you get 10 pair for 5 bucks. Her toes no longer curl to keep a tight fit and her leg cramping is gone using them.

She can take her fins off in the water and still have her feet protected when walking to shore or up ladders.

I was hoping to find something that worked with both, so I wouldn't have to wear boots in warm water. But I think that may be wishful thinking.

I will have to get something, though. On my recent dive trip, my feet swelled due to flying (the first time this has happened, I think), and my full-footed travel fins were so tight that my feet started going to sleep while diving. I had to release the back strap and fin without it holding my foot in place.

Almost all of my diving is in 28 degree water, and full boots are still completely comfortable.

Last edited:
@ScubaJill If you haven't pulled the trigger yet, I have a pair of DiveRite XT's in Small with Boots, Size 4 that I would give you a deal on. They are practically brand new with 2 dives on them. My buddy didn't like scuba and they are collecting dust. Let me know.

Dive Rite XT Fins - Grey w/black | Dive Gear Express®

http://www.leisurepro.com/p-pinbap12/pinnacle-apex-6-mm-boot-12?gclid=CNPkj8DprM4CFYc6gQod-M0NgA&kwid=productads-adid^88200967873-device^t-plaid^157353136153-sku^PINBAP12@ADL4LP-adType^PLA

Based on the size chart, I would need a size larger than a 4. Thanks, though!

I'm a US 8 and have the Mares Avanti Quattro + fins. I use Aqua Lung Ellie boots and they are super comfortable. I dive with them in tropical water (90F) as well as colder water (63F is the coldest I have encountered). It does well for both.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom