Fin buoyancy data

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rfwoodvt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So it looks like I will need to get some fins with a bit of negative buoyancy for use with my drysuit.

I was diving with some Mares X-stream during my class and while they just barely float, it was enough to make trimming slightly more difficult than it needed to be.

Been on the mares site and can't seem to find out which fins float and which do not. Makes it hard to research what I want.

Any suggestions on where/how to get the buoyancy data?

it basically doesn't exist, certainly no comparison table. per @LandonL the "Heavy Eddy's" are on their way and those are going to be the bomb when they get here, can't wait to get mine. If you can't wait for those the Scubapro Jets or Hollis F1's are the only heavy ones worth buying.

it basically doesn't exist, certainly no comparison table. per @LandonL the "Heavy Eddy's" are on their way and those are going to be the bomb when they get here, can't wait to get mine. If you can't wait for those the Scubapro Jets or Hollis F1's are the only heavy ones worth buying.
any idea on how soon is “on the way”?

A somewhat relevant question. I have seen some makers mentioning fins' weight (top side and underwater).

See for example at the table towrds the bottom of the description in this page: TecLine - PowerJet Rubber Fins with SS spring straps

For example xl hard is given as 1.71kg topside and 0.52kg underwater (sorry for using metric).

Does that weight refer to the pair or to each fin ????

These fins are so heavy that the dictionary guy the one that puts stuff in the dictionary
added "heavy" to the dictionary after using these fins and this guy uses these fins also

Go for any fins made of black rubber and avoid plastic.

Back
Top Bottom