Filter for Olympus Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TravelDave

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a housing for my Olympus point and shoot. I was looking to add a filter (46mm) to try to get better color (less blue). Any suggestions for specific filters (brand, color, etc?) I only dive once or twice a year, so I don't want to spend too much.

Dave

1. If your camera has Manual White Balance capability then you really don't need a filter.

2. If it does not or you must have a filter then check out the Magic Filter. This filter fits inside the housing on the camera lens. There are two types for a point-n-shoot camera, one for auto white balance and one that can be used with manual white balance. If you do not have manual white balance then you will not be able to use your internal flash with this filter as the photos will be red. It is strictly for taking non-strobe photos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom