Filter for GoPro dive house

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buy some photo gels and cut it to put into the inside of the case. I did that for both red (salt water) and magenta?/pink (green lake water). Cheap and easy and no worries about fit or falling off underwater. Whay do you want to remove it underwater - to get lousy color for some shots?

Here's a link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016Q0BA6A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ten bucks for more than you and your buddies will use in several lifetimes.

Hint: cut the circle with a small tab at 0°, 90°, 180°, and 270°. It keeps the filter gel centered in the housing and makes it easy to remove.

Buy some photo gels and cut it to put into the inside of the case. I did that for both red (salt water) and magenta?/pink (green lake water). Cheap and easy and no worries about fit or falling off underwater. Whay do you want to remove it underwater - to get lousy color for some shots?

Here's a link:

Amazon.com : Neewer® 7"x8"/18 x 20 cm Transparent Color Correction Lighting Gel Filter Set Pack of 6 Gel Sheet for Photo Studio Strobe Flash Light (Red, Blue, Green, Cyan, Yellow, &Magenta) : Camera & Photo

Ten bucks for more than you and your buddies will use in several lifetimes.

Hint: cut the circle with a small tab at 0°, 90°, 180°, and 270°. It keeps the filter gel centered in the housing and makes it easy to remove.

I guess this is what some manufacturers charge 50$+ for, I will consider this.
If i'm diving at low depth or if I want to do a cool backroll selfie =P the shots will get all red.
Thanks a lot.

The Backscatter Flip frame fits the GoPro dive housing. It includes a shim ring to adapt it down to the standard housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom