Fill pony bottle from main tank?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So you're hitting the dive site with a pony that's not full? Why? Most LDS's around here will top off the pony for nothing, especially if you leave money there often (fills, vips, hydros, gear). So you're loosing a little gas when you test the reg and when you take it off, but that takes a while to become any significant amount. So are you using the pony underwater while there's more pressure in your main tank?:confused:

I don't get it.

AWAP gave me a good idea on keeping a pony filled after loosing air to charging the reg and testing pressure. He suggested running a HP hose from my 1st stage (main tank) to the 1st stage on the pony (13 cu.ft.)

Could the more knowledgeable members comment on:

1. feasibility, wear and tear on the 1st stages due to removing a HP plug, installing the crossover hose, filling, removing the hose and then replacing the plug.
2. main tank is Nitrox (< 40% O2) and pony is not O2 cleaned. Any possible issues and problems topping off the pony with O2 mixes between 21 and 40%?
3. any regulations (Canada or US) on having to identify the pony (NITROX band) as having a > 21% O2 fill?

Back
Top Bottom