Fiji-Wananavu Beach Resort or Beqa Lagoon Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharkbait0501

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My fiance and I are trying to decide on our honeymoon destination for March 2010. We have narrowed it down to Wananavu Beach Resort and Beqa Lagoon Resort - both Located in Fiji. Beqa is a little more expensive, but it's on a more secluded island which we like.

Has anyone been to both and can recommend one over the other? Our main concern is the quality and variety of diving (reefs, wrecks, walls), accomodations, other activities (fishing, hiking, rafting), & food.

My fiance and I are trying to decide on our honeymoon destination for March 2010. We have narrowed it down to Wananavu Beach Resort and Beqa Lagoon Resort - both Located in Fiji. Beqa is a little more expensive, but it's on a more secluded island which we like.

Has anyone been to both and can recommend one over the other? Our main concern is the quality and variety of diving (reefs, wrecks, walls), accomodations, other activities (fishing, hiking, rafting), & food.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Both are very secluded, too. We have several friends who have been to one or both resorts. Everyone raved about each one, some say the diving was better at Wananavu, some said the atmosphere was better at Beqa. Both have extra activities but Beqa seems to have more offered - like the fishing, hiking to waterfall, rafting, etc plus Beqa is known for its gourmet food.

If you go down the the Pacific Islands Forum you will see lots of trip reports from either place. There were a few negative reports regarding the dive op at Wananavu this past year but that seems to have been resolved, hopefully, because the old dive op is gone/out-of-business and a new one is there.

robin:D

I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Both are very secluded, too. We have several friends who have been to one or both resorts. Everyone raved about each one, some say the diving was better at Wananavu, some said the atmosphere was better at Beqa. Both have extra activities but Beqa seems to have more offered - like the fishing, hiking to waterfall, rafting, etc plus Beqa is known for its gourmet food.

If you go down the the Pacific Islands Forum you will see lots of trip reports from either place. There were a few negative reports regarding the dive op at Wananavu this past year but that seems to have been resolved, hopefully, because the old dive op is gone/out-of-business and a new one is there.

robin:D

Thanks Robin. I'm the fiance shamelessly bumping this thread. Looks like we're going to go with Wananavu unless someone talks into something else. We're going with Caradonna to book it, and they don't seem to be bursting with info to compare the two. You're right though, we probably can't go wrong with anything, just trying to get as much info as we can early.

Wow, this is well beyond Odd. My fiance and I have narrowed our search down for our honeymoon to these two as well after our primary resort (Paradise Taveuni was booked). What makes this really odd is here screen name on another forum is Sharkbait. Were headed out in September and I'm sure we will post a report when we get back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom