Fiji options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefsong

Reaction score
We're diving the Fiji islands this Fall on a liveaboard and are faced with either taking home the Air Pacific flight the same day the boat gets back to Nadi, or waiting an additional 2 days to take home an Air New Zealand flight (since Air NZ doesn't fly out again until 2 days later).

Waiting the extra 2 days to fly out on Air NZ might be worth it if we felt that using those 2 extra days in Nadi could be well spent doing interesting local land based tours around the area. But the short 2 day time frame won't allow us to go much beyond Nadi.

The best diving we could do in Fiji would already be behind us after coming off of the liveaboard. What I read about the diving in Nadi, by comparison, wouldn't be all that great.

Is the local touring around Nadi good enough to keep us there an extra 2 days, or should we just bag it and come home the day we get in off the boat on Air Pacific?

Any ideas?

reefsong once bubbled...
We're diving the Fiji islands this Fall on a liveaboard and are faced with either taking home the Air Pacific flight the same day the boat gets back to Nadi, or waiting an additional 2 days to take home an Air New Zealand flight (since Air NZ doesn't fly out again until 2 days later).

Waiting the extra 2 days to fly out on Air NZ might be worth it if we felt that using those 2 extra days in Nadi could be well spent doing interesting local land based tours around the area. But the short 2 day time frame won't allow us to go much beyond Nadi.

The best diving we could do in Fiji would already be behind us after coming off of the liveaboard. What I read about the diving in Nadi, by comparison, wouldn't be all that great.

Is the local touring around Nadi good enough to keep us there an extra 2 days, or should we just bag it and come home the day we get in off the boat on Air Pacific?

Any ideas?

Based on a very limited sample (1 day to kill in Nadi waiting for a flight out), bag it. Auto rental was expensive and (IMHO) not much intriquing stuff around Nadi.

However, I hope you get a better response from someone who knows the area well.

Hello,

Last June, my wife and I stayed on Taveuni for 5 days followed by a week on the Aggressor.

I don't want to complicate your trip, but it would definitely be work spending 2 days on Taveuni.

The trip to Taveuni from Nadi was a quick and easy 1hr flight. There are a couple of great hikes/waterfalls which would be worth the trip. The flights out of Nadi to the US were all very late in the evening if I remember. You could fly back to Nadi late afternoon, dinner in Nadi with some quick shopping, then back home. We stayed at Maravu (maravu.com). Great all-inclusive small place (horses on the premises, kayaks on the beach), would highly recommend. Arranges and provides day trips listed on website.

There is not enough to do in Nadi for 2 days except maybe the $25/hr full body massages. I don't know about day trips on the "Main" island.

Would be worth extending your trip even a little longer.

It was our favorite trip yet!

Have fun! John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom