Fiji Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone for all your feedback. I'm very excited for the trip.

It sounds like Beqa Lagoon Resort might be a great place to stay. Has anyone done the shore diving from the resort?

The rafting trip and zip lines sound like a lot of fun. Does anyone have web link for the zip line tours / cost? Does Beqa Lagoon charge extra to tranfer you to Pacific Harbor for the zip line / rafting tours?

I've been to Beqa Lagoon Resort twice -- June 2005 and June 2006. While the boat diving and the shark dives were the main emphasis on both trips, we still did a number of shore dives. In fact, many of our shore dives were "drop off dives" from the boat back in to shore.

I've always enjoyed the shore dives and drop off dives at BLR. While the reef and reef life aren't as dramatic as the dive sites the boats took us to, there was still a great deal to see. I'm sure that there are probably better shore diving sites elsewhere in Fiji. Nevertheless, the combination of the boat diving, the shark dives, the shore diving, the food, the accomodations, the cultural events (Meke, Firewalkers, school visits, etc.), and especially the fantastic staff at BLR make for a fantastic experience that is hard to top.

Peace,
Dave

Has anyone stayed at the Uprising Beach Resort near Pacific Harbor? or Fiji Adventures?

I think I've narrowed my choices down to either the Beqa Lagoon Resort or the Uprising Beach Resort. Beqa Lagoon Resort sounds like a great place to relax and enjoy some great diving. If we stayed at the Uprising Beach Resort we could do the rafting tour, zip lines, jet ski, and still do the shark dive (plus it looks like it is cheaper).

South Pacific's finest - offering Adventure, Culture Diving, Surfing and Romantic Get-Aways and other custom packages to the Fiji Islands - Fiji Adventures

Normally I'd go for the extra diving at Beqa Lagoon Resort, but we are going on the Aggressor the following week so I should get my fix then.

Hi,

I have read the posts and would appreciate suggestions about Beqa, Kadavu and Taveni.

I will be diving (my wife and son will be snorkling - unless someone has a great teaching school on one of these - or he will wait until Australia).

We have only 5 days, so we likely want to get out of Nadi, as soon as we land.

Suggestions on where to start, go, dive and stay (note - we really love the quaint quiet places, hate resorts, unless really quiet). We like things au natural rather than touristy.

Thanks.
Curtis

I have stayed at Uprising and was very happy. Very nice buras, good food, good pool, good bar, nice beach, quick cab rides to the artist village and Beqa Adventure Divers.

If I ever find myself in Pac Harbor again I will stay there again.

Hi,

I have read the posts and would appreciate suggestions about Beqa, Kadavu and Taveni.

I will be diving (my wife and son will be snorkling - unless someone has a great teaching school on one of these - or he will wait until Australia).

We have only 5 days, so we likely want to get out of Nadi, as soon as we land.

Suggestions on where to start, go, dive and stay (note - we really love the quaint quiet places, hate resorts, unless really quiet). We like things au natural rather than touristy.

Thanks.
Curtis

Check out the Matava resort on Kadavu. It is "au natural," beautiful, and the staff is awesome. Mind you it is simple and rustic. Evenings are spent drinking kava, rum, singing, laying around on pillows, and the light of oil lamps. Days are spent diving the astrolabe reef, hiking, volleyball, reading, in villages, whatever. I loved it there.

Does anyone know of direct flights between Fiji and Tahiti?

I also would like to incorporate the Beqa shark trip into my trip planned for April 2008. I am planning on spending my honeymoon in Fiji and would love to have some input on what places you guys recommend for a honeymoon for divers. I have heard Taveuni is one of the better places to go but the private islands--Matangi and Qamea--are on the wrong side for the Somsomso Strait....so I am not sure which route to go. Would love to hear from anyone who has been to Matangi and Qamea especially....or anyone who can comment on the weather in Fiji in April. Thanks.

Not much to add - I stayed at the Lagoon Resort (nice rooms, decent food) last year in September prior to going on the Na'ia. The package that we bought included three meals a day. What's also nice is that the dive operation is right there on the premises. Contact Andrew directly for quotes and details. The shark feed dives are worth it. In addition to bulls, you may see grey reefs, silvertip, lemon, tawny nurse, white tip reef, black tip and maybe tigers. If they show up, the tigers only do so on the shallower dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom