Fiji - help with accomodation and diving after liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andreni

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi

We are thinking about doing a LOB on board of the Fiji Siren next July. Now we are looking for places to stay / dive after the trip (have 3 weeks in total). It is quite difficult to gather all the necessary information. What we are looking for is basic accomodation (no dorm, no shared bathroom but clean) and good diving. Can somebody suggest on which island/s we would find this?

And in general what could we except of the diving in Fiji? Sharks, current, corals? I have been to Raja Ampat and Palau (among other places) which I liked a lot..

I'm not that much into shark feeding and think we will try to avoid this. Is there still a chance to see bullsharks and tigersharks?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot

I would suggest Nakia Eco Resort and Taveuni Ocean Sports. Check tripadvisor. The reports are accurate. We have been there three times.

Thank you JulieM. That looks very good. Price is ok, browsing the net i don't think we will find something cheaper which is as good as this. When have you been there? I assume you liked the diving as well if you returned 3x :wink:. What did you see underwater?

We have been there twice over the Christmas holidays and then last January we lived in a house right next door to Nakia for a month and did our diving with Taveuni Ocean Sports. We saw mantas feeding on the surface, millions of anthias, reef sharks, blue ribbon eels, lion fish, rare ghost pipefish, beautiful white soft coral at the White Wall, stunning purple soft coral at the Purple Wall, clown fish, etc... Julie and her crew do a phenomenal job at pointing out critters. You will not be disappointed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom