Fiji - Flights and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bacchus:
Just booked the first week of November on the Fiji Aggressor and then a week on land. I know that some have said that it is the start of the rainy season, but it can't be all bad? Anybody been there during that time of year?

I was on the Aggressor the third week of November in 2003, then a week on land. We had one day of rain on the Aggressor, then one and a half days of MONSOON on the land portion (Matangi Island). The rest of the time weather was fantastic! You will probably see some rain, but hopefully no more than I did. PM me if you want more details of my trip. You can see some of my pictures in my gallery.

Bacchus:
I can't imagine spending $6000 for a trip and not checking out the resort online and having all my flight info, diving receipts etc. in hand before I left.

I'm used to doing my holidays at the top end of the scale - business class flights, 4-5 star resorts, etc - so the amount didn't surprise me.

I did have all my reciepts and vouchers, too. In fact, that was my saving grace - I could show the hotel that I had booked and paid through Coral Seas Travel.

There were two basic problems:

1. Coral Seas Travel hadn't actually confirmed that the hotel, airline, and dive operator knew I was comming.

2. Coral Seas Travel represented the 'status' of the hotel as a four and a half star resort.... and it wasn't.

20:20 hindsight - my fault for trusting Coral Seas Travel.

Back
Top Bottom