Question Fiji - diving in January?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mercracing

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Question for those who have been to Fiji before. I am looking at a trip to Fiji in July through a dive shop. Looking at things, it looks like this is their busy/expensive season. I assume this is also a good time to dive. What I am wondering is if I go in January or February would I be missing out on anything from a dive perspective?

I am heading that way next month ... VolIvoli resort. Seasons are opposite those in our hemisphere so July is cooler and drier weather than in January. Vis is great year round but always a tad better in the dry season.

You will find "Fiji has a warm, comfortable sub-tropical climate with only two seasons: summer and winter. Summer, from November to April, is the wet season characterized by long, warm days, short afternoon downpours, and higher humidity." as you search for data.

Best suggestion if you prefer the cooler drier weather for your above water time more than the reduced price tag now is time to go!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom