Fiji Advice- Beqa or Raki-Raki? Or Both?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The area around Wananavu is about to get more popular. They're going to build some high end timeshares and a Hilton, too (I think).

I ended up staying at the Rakiraki hotel. They were quite accommodating, making a meal for me when I arrived, jetlagged, just after lunch was served. The room was comfortable and the TV has one channel. About 100 meters away is a convenience store. The walk into Vaileka village is about 15 minutes. It's quite a rural area, but the Rakiraki hotel seemed a little less isolated than Wananavu. The dive shop sent a taxi for me every day. It's a 10 minute ride.

Looking back, I'm glad I chose Rakiraki. The diving was spectacular and I got to see what I was looking for (soft corals and anthias). The scenery was different from what I was expecting (more sugar cane, a little less foliage due to early spring).

Photos from the trip are at:
www.pbase.com/krancer

Attachments

• P9021926.jpg
    P9021926.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 42
  • P9021639.jpg
    P9021639.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 57
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom