Figuring out Cabo Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RainTurtle

Reaction score
Greetings. I've been trying to work out my trip to Cabo in early December. I've gotten a lot of good information from some of ya'll and reading other post however I want to make sure I've got all the information correct.

We are staying in San Jose de Cabo and I've read most of the dive operators are in Cabo San Lucas. I've also read that Cabo Plumo is a good dive site and someone suggested a dive shop in Cabo Plumo but indicated it would be about a 2 hour drive for us to get to from SJC. In addition, I've noticed that most of the dive shops in CSL have boat trips to Cabo Plumo (seasonly at times). So can someone tell me about taking the dive boats over to Cabo Plumo or driving to Cabo Plumo? In December would it be better just to dive the local sites in CSL?

So much information that I'm trying to process it all and make the right decisions.

Thanks,
Suzanne

Underwater Diversions has a dive in Cabo Pulmo at this moment, unfortunately this is my first day back in the states, so I won't be diving CP today. I can't tell you much about SJD other than I pass through it on my way to CSL. I find that CSL has so much more stuff to do during your "surface intervals." Weather was great and vis was good. Can't complain.

Thanks for the information. I had heard about the bus but wasn't sure whether they were reliable or easy to access.

I have emailed several dive shops - Amigos del Mar, Manta, Underwater Diversion, Blue Adventure - some have replied and I'm still waiting on word from a few. You know funny you mention the off-season issue because I thought this was the off-season but I had one dive shop indicate I needed to make reservations because it was peak season.

Thanks,
Suzanne

Back
Top Bottom