Figured today was a good day to join :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cybordolphin

Welcome to the wonderful world of Scuba....oh and scubaboard!
Glad you've got loads of questions, cause this lot have loads of answers so fire away - we wont flame you tho - we're all harmless really! :baby:

Take care -x-

Welcome from north of the 49th here in the GWN. No one flames anyone to harshly around here. Lots of spirited discussion and thoughts...watch out for some of the people here...many are looney ...but thats cool too.......

Cybordiver and Monster,
Welcome from NJ!
This is the place to talk about diving -for folks with any level of experience. Enjoy the Board!!
Good luck,
MikeD

Welcome from Prineville, Oregon. This is a great place to learn, share or just talk to others who share the same great interest.
Have a good time, I sure have.

Later, Hawk.

to the Scubaboard and to the amazing underwater world you're soon going to be swimming around in. It's almost a year since I certified OW but I can still remember how awesome it was the first time I was kneeling at the bottom of the sea, doing my OW skills! :snorkel: You'll be hook, line and sinkered before you know it.

Ask anything you want and it shall be answered! Best of luck and don't forget to tell us how it's all going.

Welcome too to Monster - you've already been sucked into the Scubaboard's interesting and fun atmosphere so 'nuff said!

See you all around.

Thanks for the welcome, k!

You do much diving in Thailand? I was in Koh Tao last April and it was awesome. Spent some quality time with the whale sharks there. :)

Hey cybordolphin and monster,

Welcome to the boards!! what a great way to start the New Year eh??

Cybordolphin - hope you have fun learning how to dive!! I still remember my first time learning, and boy, does it bring back the fond memories and smiles :) keep us updated on your experiences - i m sure you'd have a blast.

Monster - great diving in the Philippines! If u think Koh Tao is nice, wait till u check out Similans - it's great. Malaysia has some fab sites too!

Thanks for the welcome, ADG!

Yup, I've dived Malaysia, too -- lived in KL for a year last year. Managed to hit Tioman and a few other spots, but not Sipadan, unfortunately. :) But, hey, there's still time.

Where in the Philippines have you dived? :D It IS some great diving, isn't it? I dive here almost every week and just don't ever get tired of it.

Hmmm... Similans... must add that to my To Dive list... :wink:

I can't even sleep at night...
I am so excited I can't stand it.... lol.

Will try to savor the moment(s), and dive safe.

:mrcool:

Monster - well, I had actually done much extensive research on diving Palawan and had even planned a trip up last year, but ended up having to cancel it last min due to some work scheduling problems. Felt really sore about that, and my friends made it worse by telling me all the great experiences they had
;-0

Ah well, because of the difficulty in getting there (long hours), I've shelved it until i can get a better job with shorter working hours and longer vacation days :wink:

Yar, dont forget Redang - my personal favourite, Aur, Sipadan of course, Layang-Layang another great spot, Perhentians - and I havent even touched on Indonesia!

Oh besides adding Similans, Burma Banks is another must-do site, though it seems that quite a number of Phuket dive operators have temporarily stopped these trips coz of "instable and uncertain" visa entry conditions and safety reasons (dynamite fishing happening near divers).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom