fiesta americana resturaunt question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d56nut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

Just got all our travel documents for our trip to Cozumel (Feb 1 - 8). We are staying at the Fiesta Americana on the All Inclusive Plan. I was reading some of the vouchers that we have and it says all our meals are included at the two main resturaunts plus we get 2 dinners at the Miramar Resturaunt. Has anyone ever eaten there? Is it fancy? I figure it is their top of the line or something since we only get to eat there twice. I want to make sure we have the right clothes with us! Any info is appreciated!!!

Michelle

Hi! We stayed at the FA last July. The poolside restaurant was closed in honor of Tropical Storm Claudette, which went through the day we arrived. So the only restaurant for dinner was the Miramar. It is a nicer atmosphere, but still casual. You will be comfortable in shorts there... although if you wanted to dress up you would not feel out of place either. I think you would just not want to be wearing a bathing suit without a coverup...

If you check the FA website, they list the beachside and poolside restaurants as "informal" dress, and the Miramar as "casual". If that helps...

We loved the Fiesta Americana. And I had the best bowl of tortilla soup at the Miramar, following a night dive. Yummy!

cheers,

Fancy, no. You can walk into just about anywhere on the island with whatever you have on. Food at FA is....is....ok. At times has been suspect. Lunch you can order from pool side and eat at the bar with your Marg or Pepsi Light. Try several rest. while your there in town just for a change of pace. Very good places to eat in Coz.

is FA's nicest restaurant. The food is presented better and the choices a bit more elaborate. The best thing is better drinks from their bar.

have fun.

Stayed there last Nov-Dec. The food IMO was GREAT! And I'm one picky eater.

I would dress casual in the Restaurant to not feel out of place. The ocean side restaurant was relaxed dress. I would stay and eat there again without reservation.

I remember us being almost full on eats even before the main course arrived in the evenings at the Miramar.

My wife and I were just there Jan 10th-17th. We arrived late in the evening and didn't feel like going in to town. The Miramar/if thats the place upstairs, was just O.K. to our liking anyhow.

It was kind of funny because when we walked in, there was only one couple eating in the whole place. We asked for a table for two and they asked if we had a reservation. When we told them that we just arrived, they seemed to have a huge problem seating us without a reservation. No one came in throughout our entire dinner! I just thought that was kinda funny....

The other problem was a couple we were diving with down there. They told me that when they went upstairs, he wasn't allowed because he didn't have long pants on....he only brought shorts, so they never ate there (they were on the AI plan as well).

I would agree with other people on this one...............I know your AI but really try to get out 2-3 times to other places downtown. Excellent food/service and great margaritas!! There have been several threads on good places to eat,,,so check em out and have a great time!

??? Reservations?? We musta had the deluxe program. We walked in every night, got seat promptly and were waited on every 10 minutes. Just a room number and we we're off to the races..........

I think I wore pants every night. There were about 6-7 couples a night on our stay. The resort in general wasn't very busy, which is perfect by me.

Thanks for asking these questions, Michelle! We're also doing the all-inclusive option at the Fiesta Americana. Sorry we'll miss you, we're there Feb 7-14. Can't come soon enough, it's 6 degrees out now and will be 5 below tonight. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

This thread saves me from having to post a similar one in a few months. I'll be haded to Coz in May, staying at the FA with the all-inclusive option. Guess I'll have to pack a pair of pants now.

BTW, how's the shore diving from the FA?

Mel
PADI Rescue Diver, Nitrox

Hey ScubaGal, I will be at the FA at the same time. Cannot wait, only 6 more working days left. I will be diving with BlueXtSea diving. After Diving, I can be found at the beach with a Corona.

Back
Top Bottom