FG trip changes...Your Call! PLEASE READ!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
As ya'll know the date for our trip to the Flower Gardens got changed a couple weeks ago. I've been waiting for a contract, email, ie., something to finalize the deal so I can get the deposit paid. Today I sent another email to try to get some answers and this was the reply....

Davida. I am way behind this year, but back to work at it. Still waiting for contracts mailed out in Dec. As of yet you are not confirmed for that date, will get with you on some others. Deposit is still $500. but the price went up to $360. per paying diver. Will get back with you soon. Puter has been a mess for over a Month and a half, still cant get to our website. Harold

We're being told that the May 17th date I was given, and that some of you have changed vacation days for, is still not confirmed. On our phone call a couple weeks ago, I was told that the only dates available were all weekends in May and a couple in June. Now he wants to get back with me on others and expect you guys to re-arrange your lives yet again?

I'm gonna let you guys call this one. I've always thought highly of Harold and his operation or I never would have recommended him in the first place. And I realize he's had some health problems and computer problems to deal with this past year. BUT I feel like we're getting the short end of the stick here.

Personally, I'd prefer to tell him what he can do with his as-yet-unnamed dates and refund your deposits. Or I can see if I can get a dive shop to front for us with Gulf Diving (previously Rinn).

It's up to you guys....what do you want me to do?

Dee

Our LDS has some flower gardens dates reserved, and if I am not mistaken they are with the Sea Searcher II.

If memory of the trip calendar serves me correctly, there are several trips spanning a couple of the summer months.

Perhaps you can check with Chris for more details?

Cave Diver once bubbled...
Dee

Our LDS has some flower gardens dates reserved, and if I am not mistaken they are with the Sea Searcher II.

If memory of the trip calendar serves me correctly, there are several trips spanning a couple of the summer months.

Perhaps you can check with Chris for more details?

I know there are shops who will have openings on some of his trips but the object was for a group of TSDT members to go out together. So unless someone has a whole boat reserved and can take everyone, it's defeating the purpose of a group trip. Anyone is welcome to call around and find a spot or two with various shops but I'm not going to do that.

Dee once bubbled...

I know there are shops who will have openings on some of his trips but the object was for a group of TSDT members to go out together. So unless someone has a whole boat reserved and can take everyone, it's defeating the purpose of a group trip. Anyone is welcome to call around and find a spot or two with various shops but I'm not going to do that.

Generally our LDS reserves the entire boat.

I will check with Chris today and ask him to shoot you a PM if he has any additional info.

The trip I made was booked through Sea Sports and they had the whole boat mv fling. I know a couple of the MGR's and the owner, I'll give them a call and see if they can work with us.

Geek

I say let's see what Harold comes up with. The last trip was a blast and I'd rather keep this one a Swamper's thing.

Back
Top Bottom