FG deposits and N. Swamper dinner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We are planning a road trip to Dallas to meet some of you folks at the dinner Sat. night. If any of you planning to attend the dinner are also on the roster for the FG trip, you can just give me your deposits then and avoid the mail. Just a thought!

Beast had an idea that since we'll be in the general area, maybe a trip to Clear Springs would be in order. Anyone interested in a cold dive there next Sat.? We can probably be there around 10ish.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone!

Dee,
Are you and Doug coming in on Friday night, or early Saturday morning? And have you found a hotel yet? If I can be of any further service, please let me know. That offer is extended to anyone coming in from out of town.

Ken

We'll be coming Sat. morning. Knowing Beast we'll leave home around 5am which will put us there somewhere around 10-11...I think!

No, I haven't reserved a room yet. I'd like something close to the BallPark but the map you linked to is hard to see which ones are close. I wonder about just getting a room when we get there?

I'm thinking something like Motel 6...nothing fancy.

Here are a few:

Ball Park Inn
903 N. Collins

Days Inn-Six Flags/Ranger Stadium
1195 N. Watson Rd (Hwy 360)

Fairfield Inn
2500 E Lamar Blvd

Ranger Inn and Suites
800 Six Flags Dr 817.649.1168

Suburban Lodge
2211 N. COllins

Nights Inn
700 Lamar

Sanford House
506 N. Center
(it's a B&B. Not as economical as Motel 6, but just in case you change your mind. It's a really nice place!!!)

Hope this helps, Dee! Let me know if you have any questions about any of these places. I'm pretty sure they are all within 5-6 miles of the Ballpark and are easy to get to.

As far as diving.....I'll pass. I've not been able to get warm for the past 4 days without turning my heat up to 75 degrees!!!!! I've also got a little cold and don't want to aggrevate it. Maybe next time!

Dee...sure looks like Aimee has given you some good info. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help but I'm further west so I'm not familiar with the hotels in that area. I'm sure you'll find something reasonable and nice - I know there are a ton of them over there, just didn't know any names to recommend. Thanks Aimee for helping.

So glad you're making the trip. I think we will pass on the diving as well though. Of course, I'm speaking for both of us but Bill could surprise me and say OK, but honestly I don't think so. He's said several times that he doesn't want to dive here again until spring. And, we've been freezing too this past week...
:eek: like Aimee - can't get warm. Bill left Vegas on Sunday after being there a week in warm temperatures and didn't have a clue he was flying into "snowy" DFW!

Oh, and he's really glad y'all are coming so he doesn't have to mail "David" a check...:wink:

You girls are great! I made reservations today so it's a done deal.

When I mentioned the snow, Beast got a funny look on his face...I think he's hoping no one takes him up on the diving!
:bonk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom