FFM compatability Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FFMDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Getting fustrated with my Poseidon Atmosphere which is basically incompatible with my Titan LX 1st stage because the IP pressure
wont give the Jetstream what it wants - 145 psi. So, for anyone interested in purchasing the Poseidon Atmosphere, consider shelling out another $265 Odin 1st stage+ $47 Yoke Adaptor on top of the $750 for a grand total of $1012.

So my next question (as well as for those looking to get into a FFM) is:

If I consider purchasing an AGA Interspiro what 1st stages is it compatible with?

Yeah, bmuise, I can see how the Atomic and Poseidon won't work. If I remember right you need about 180psi to make that happen.

bmuise once bubbled...
If I consider purchasing an AGA Interspiro what 1st stages is it compatible with?

The answer was given by mtndiver at http://www.scubaboard.com/t34576/s89249f9ecaa4ee683fff9a20ffe55842.html

mtndiver once bubbled...
The Divator will operate with an IP of 90 to 170 psi, although I recommend between 125 and 145 with little or no adjustment necessary.

I have an Atomic B1 and used it with the semi-postive AGA. Never had a problem with it.

If I remember right you need about 180psi ...
You're confusing the Cyklon with the Jetstream/Odin. The Jet has a factory recommended IP of 145 psi, the Cyklon is in the 180 range.

I still think its your servo valve & not the 1st stage!!

I adjusted the servo at the tip and the tube near the base. Both appear to do the same - bring the pin closer to the diaphram. It might be ok to have the jetstream free flow until I donn the mask and then it settles down but I'm not sure its good to have a reg free flow when I first crank on the gas. The jetstream usually goes through its "woosh" and settles when the valve seats 2 seconds later. When I adjust the pin really close to the diaphram and then crank the gas the thing just wooshes and freeflows indefinetely. I'm just getting pissed off with this....I'm starting to think about an AGA. The compatability issue is a good lesson for others out there.

Ok, I'm sick of whining about this problem. So here is what I've decided to do: I have cranked the Jetstream tube as close to the diaphram as possible so the reg will not free flow in demand mode. As soon as I donn the mask I hit the positive pressure switch and wala! It feels like I'm breathing with NO effort.

Perhaps I am FINALLY experiencing the Jetstream glory I have been hearing so much about. As long as I remember to throw the switch back into demand mode after the dive (so it doest wooosh)I'm all set. Gear is so f****d up. Takes me months to get used to.
Thanks all. I should be the Jetstream poster child by now....

Cyklon is 165 psi and the AGA will run between 90 and 170 psi with little to no difficulties. 125 to 145 is recommended though.

I'm positive dealers cash-in on diver's inability to tune 2nd stages on different units. I've had dealers from washington to honolulu telling me they can solve my problem by selling me a new 1st stage... cha-ching!

bmuise once bubbled...
I'm positive dealers cash-in on diver's inability to tune 2nd stages on different units.
I'm not sure if it's fair to blame the dealers and say they just want to cash in. They might well just try to match what you have and what you need. Firsts and seconds are usually designed to work together. Especially with the second you're using.
The high interstage pressure with Poseidons is fairly well known. If anything whoever sold you the mask should have pointed the incompatibility out. Same the other way around. Hooking up your Atomic secnd to the Poseidon first is probably not going to work well, either. Mine was way out of whack once and tested at 181psi. I never figured out how it got there, but blew air like Moby Dick ... .
If they didn't tell you give them a hard time about it. But remember, if you mix and match equipment pieces it's your responsibility to know what you're doing.
That said, if they told you it'll work, give'em hell. :upset:

Very true. Utimately it is my responsibility.

I had a realization: The Jetstream is DESIGNED specifically for DEEP dives, hence the higher IPs and smoother draw for deep dives under tremendous pressures. Makes total sense.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom