FF Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tortugar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I did some searches and came up blank, so I'm hoping someone here can help...

I'm in the market for some new fins because the boots on my new drysuit won't fit in my Apollo Bio's.

I have small (size 7) feet. The boots on my Pinnacle drysuit are an 8 to account for extra thick socks. The problem is the angle of the boots (over the top of my foot) is so steep, that they only fit into a size "Large" fin. (At least an Atomic size L - that's what I tried at my LDS).

I'd really like a fin that I can wear both with, and without my drysuit. ...And I obviously am after function, not fashion - which is why the FF's are so appealing. I've heard and read many good things about them. (Too bad I don't know anyone with a pair I could try 1st).

So I guess I have 2 questions:
1) Can anyone tell me if there are any shops in the Denver area where I could go to try them on and/or get measured?
2) If not, what size Force Fin should I look into? - From what I've seen in the forums, they seem to run a bit on the large side, or am I mistaken about that?

Many thanks!

Twebba
Force Fin can be your one stop fin. I use a an a XXL Tan Delta Excellerating Force Fin with a Drysuit and I put a comfort insert
instep_product ( I really call them sizing inserts) with a wetsuit, but I use the same fin.
I also use the inserts in our team setting when divers have different size feet and we only x amount of fins. You might try a L and then use an insert for wetsuit diving. I have even doubled up the inserts for the women on our team and it works great. Also remember Force Fin has a 30 day no question refund policy so you can dive them as much as possible and if you find the sizing is not right return them and Force Fin will get your money back or get you a different fin. Good luck and refer to the sizing chart on Force Fin Swim Fins
Force Fin Shoe Size Conversion Chart

Twebba
You might try a L and then use an insert for wetsuit diving. I have even doubled up the inserts for the women on our team and it works great.

Thanks Blair,
That helps quite a bit!

Just out of curiosity, what are the inserts made from? I assume it's something that won't compress under pressure (like neoprene) and give you the 'wiggly-fin' syndrome...:D

The inserts are made from a open cell fleeced material, that doesn't compress under pressure. so don't worry about that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom