Few shots from Amed and Tulamben

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wisnu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Taken during our trip August 2013 with EM-5 and EPL-1 with either 12-50mm, 60mm or 7-14mm

All below from Amed

Mayang and Lionfish Amed by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

May Mel Amed by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Harlequin Shrimp 4 by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Amed Snake Eel by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Amed Piramid 2 by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Amed Pipefish by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Amed pigmy seahorse by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Amed Long Arms by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Amed Lionfish 2 by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr
Moray Eel Amed 1 by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Amed Hermitcrab by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

---------- Post added October 1st, 2013 at 11:31 PM ----------

And here from Tulamben

Sweetlips Liberty Tulamben 3 by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Mayang and Corals Tulamben by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Liberty Tulamben 2 by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Bumphead Tulamben by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

cel in tulamben by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Sweetlips Liberty Tulamben by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

---------- Post added October 1st, 2013 at 11:35 PM ----------

on the way back to amed, we stopped at Seraya, and here few shots from there:

Seraya Cleaning Station by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Nudibranch Seraya by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Nemo Eegs Seraya by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Moray Eel Seraya by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Very very nice Winsu. That is one fatty pygmy ha ha. And the batch of eggs is something you dont see every day. The framed bat fish shot is also really cool.
Hope you put together one of your helpful, good and informative trip reports.

Great shots - I was in Tulamben during the second week of Sep and had a ball - unfortunately we had some very strong currents which made things a little difficult.

Karl

Cool shots, I really like the last three as I love nudies, the eggs are "different" and the eel goes "what the f-word?"
One comment though - the fish marked as a pipefish is a cornet fish I think? slim, with a "crockodily mouth" and a few feet long? Cornetfish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also called 'Flutemouth' in my part of the world...

Very very nice Winsu. That is one fatty pygmy ha ha. And the batch of eggs is something you dont see every day. The framed bat fish shot is also really cool.
Hope you put together one of your helpful, good and informative trip reports.

Thanks Al,
Indeed the pigmy is huge – with 60mm macro + wet lens fully filled the frame ; and I can’t crop to straighten the position.
Let see if I can write a short report.

---------- Post added October 2nd, 2013 at 06:57 PM ----------

Great shots - I was in Tulamben during the second week of Sep and had a ball - unfortunately we had some very strong currents which made things a little difficult.

Karl

Thanks Karl
Practically no current when we dove Tulamben – but two years ago we struggled with strong current and had to crawl to reach the wreck.

---------- Post added October 2nd, 2013 at 06:58 PM ----------

Cool shots, I really like the last three as I love nudies, the eggs are "different" and the eel goes "what the f-word?"
One comment though - the fish marked as a pipefish is a cornet fish I think? slim, with a "crockodily mouth" and a few feet long? Cornetfish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks Tigerman,
Actually I don’t know the name of that fish and too lazy to check my fish book. I thought, I couldn’t go wrong with generic name pipefish.

Wisnu.
Do you use different ports for the 60mm and the 12-50mm or just one for both? If one port, which one?

Wisnu.
Do you use different ports for the 60mm and the 12-50mm or just one for both? If one port, which one?

For the OMD, I use one port, ie. 4" semi dome port for both lenses. Certainly, this port is much better than flatport on 12mm. Indeed, the magnification (not the quality) is sacrificed for macro, but not an issue unless you want to shoot tiny skeleton shrimp. I also use flip diopter; which is very convenient for macro when I use 12-50mm.
Note - I use 12-50mm if I'm not sure what lense I should use; which give me two focal lenght 12 mm and 50mm without the need of zoom gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom