Female opinions needed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChristinaUngerer

Registered
Reaction score
Dear female divers,

I have posted a thread in the "basic scuba discussion" forum, there is a survey, developping into a 'hot discussion', but as I found out today, more than 90% of the respondents are male!

It would be great if some of you girls could take part... this link will lead you to the topic in the 'basic discussions' forum:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba.../365655-new-safety-device-survey-2nd-try.html

Oh one more thing: only participate if you are from the USA or from Australia.
THANK YOUUU

Completed.

Done.

why only US or Australia?

I took the survey, but some of the questions were a little hard to answer. How far away I'm comfortable being from my buddy depends a lot on how bad the visibility is. Other factors can affect that as well (current, topography, etc.) and the experience level and abilities of the divers involved plays a role, too. I'm much more comfortable letting another instructor (or divemaster or other very experienced diver) drift farther away from me than I am letting an inexperienced diver. Either way, though, the buddy should always be close enough that you can communicate with them immediately if you have a problem, (and that they can reach you quickly, or vice versa) and that you always know where they are.

While I tend towards solo diving, Many rely on buddies. It might be a helpful product as long as it does not encourage sloppy buddy monitoring. Personally, I have found most buddies more a liability than a help.

Back
Top Bottom