Feeler thread - Nearly New Shearwater Petrel 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought a Petrel 3 from Dive Right In Scuba. I needed to upgrade from my Garmin Descent when my eyesight started to fade. I figured go big and see big. Well I took it on 6 dives in 2 days and realized this is way more computer than I need.
Keep it, dive it and enjoy.
How much is the price difference? What are you hoping to gain?
This^^^.

I have a Petrel 3 on my new CCR. Much brighter compared to my two Perdix AI (2 & 4 years old).
Perdix is a much nicer form factor if you don’t need the CCR connector. The Petrals (including the 3) are bricks. The new glass screen cover on the Perdix 2 makes the display a bit sharper and provides slightly better off axis viewing than the Perdix. The screen brightness is more than sufficient and actually reads better in sunlight than my Teric AMOLED - the nicest add is the vibration alerts.

Perdix is a much nicer form factor if you don’t need the CCR connector. The Petrals (including the 3) are bricks. The new glass screen cover on the Perdix 2 makes the display a bit sharper and provides slightly better off axis viewing than the Perdix. The screen brightness is more than sufficient and actually reads better in sunlight than my Teric AMOLED - the nicest add is the vibration alerts.
Now that's a brick!

Orca Edge vs Perdix (image from Shearwater's website)

Orca Edge.png

Back
Top Bottom