February training day two.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Today’s training went well but was interrupted, like it often is, by a real callout. Thankfully it wasn’t an emergency call but a call to recover some guns.

We finish what we were doing, went for lunch and headed up to the north end of the county to Bayview on Lake Pend Oreille. We were near the most eastern docks in the photo. http://terraservice.net/image.aspx?T=1&S=11&Z=11&X=1334&Y=13286&W=1

The whole lake or most of it:
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=17&Z=11&X=20&Y=207&W=1

We meet up with the detective handling the case, a female Sgt. from our department. She brief’s us on the extent of the domestic that placed the male half in jail on felony charges.

So we have some fresh footprints leading down to one of several docks in the area. The female victim in the case shows us where he likes to go and sit so we start the search a little to the west and cover a wide area. A tight search isn’t needed and neither are lines. Visibility is well in excess of 100’ in any direction.

On the first pass nothing. The second pass, nothing. On the third pass an object that had been freshly deposited on the bottom was discovered. The diver brings the item to the dock as he finished his pass and shows it to the detective. He is cracking up and she says I’ll go ask her if it’s hers. So off to the victim she goes. She asks if it hers. At first it’s denial but after a woman to woman chat we get to the bottom of the mystery. While turning several shades of beet red she admits to it being hers.

That was the only one of the items we recovered and it was still fresh enough that the batteries hadn’t even died yet.

All in all it was a good day and the diving was just great. :D At least funny.

Gary D.

Gary D.:
We meet up with the detective handling the case, a female Sgt. from our department. She brief’s us on the extent of the domestic that placed the male half in jail on felony charges.

So we have some fresh footprints leading down to one of several docks in the area. The female victim in the case shows us where he likes to go and sit so we start the search a little to the west and cover a wide area. A tight search isn’t needed and neither are lines. Visibility is well in excess of 100’ in any direction.

On the first pass nothing. The second pass, nothing. On the third pass an object that had been freshly deposited on the bottom was discovered. The diver brings the item to the dock as he finished his pass and shows it to the detective. He is cracking up and she says I’ll go ask her if it’s hers. So off to the victim she goes. She asks if it hers. At first it’s denial but after a woman to woman chat we get to the bottom of the mystery. While turning several shades of beet red she admits to it being hers.

That was the only one of the items we recovered and it was still fresh enough that the batteries hadn’t even died yet.

All in all it was a good day and the diving was just great. :D At least funny.

Gary D.

Gary,

Okay, I'll go first. Was it.............................wait for it.........................A flashlight??? :eyebrow:

....and you folks thought I was going to be naughty!!! :wink:

Rob Davie

Gary D.:
While turning several shades of beet red she admits to it being hers.

Gary D.

OK! I will be naughty! BUZZZZZZ!

?????

Dan

I almost forgot. We found a new wreck at around 65'. It's around a 50 footer wooden boat. Possibly one of the old lake tugs from the late 1800's. More research is needed so we will be going back in the near future.

Hummmmmmm, I wonder if this is something like Red October. Could the item we found earlier have been the power system? Who knows, it's only a mile away from the USN Submarine Base. :D

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom