February 2016 Roll Call -Carnaval in Cozumel!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well this thread has been pretty quite for a while. Hope everyone is recovering from Carnival well. Heading down tomorrow, looks like there will be some good weather Tuesday and Wed at least. I haven't seen anything recently concerning port closures, how the diving been?

For those staying at Suites Bahia, how is it? Staying there for the first time starting tomorrow.

Late to the party, but I'm arriving Tuesday the 16th, leaving the 26th. Staying at the Colonial, diving with Tres Pelicanos

Anyone up for a late February Scubaoard meet? Ideas? El Moro, La Choza, Thirsty Cougar, Wet Wendy's?

Well this thread has been pretty quite for a while. Hope everyone is recovering from Carnival well. Heading down tomorrow, looks like there will be some good weather Tuesday and Wed at least. I haven't seen anything recently concerning port closures, how the diving been?

For those staying at Suites Bahia, how is it? Staying there for the first time starting tomorrow.

Well we took all the port closures and crappy weather for the Feb team. I have never been so cold in Cozumel. Several of the boat rides were crappy too. Could have been worse, the people in the pangas were really taking a beating.

On that subject in case Aldora Dave is listening, that refit boat of yours was doing REALLY well in the bad seas. If we had the extensions on, we might of passed you, but as it was we followed.

On the bright side, our beers didn't get warm so fast....

Anyone up for a late February Scubaoard meet? Ideas? El Moro, La Choza, Thirsty Cougar, Wet Wendy's?

Hey Tom:)

We will be at Hotel Coz on the 24th with Bret, Nick, and Mike. Diving with Living Underwater.

Colin

I've stayed there. Great location. Obviously, it's one of the cheaper places so don't expect frills. Wifi was spotty in the room, from one bed it worked, from another it didn't. But beds and room were clean, a bit musty, everything worked (fridge/microwave/TV/AC). They use keys not cards and the rooms look like they would be easy for a thief to get into, on the other hand only way in is past the front desk which was always attended. There are safes in the room. Elevator is small. If you're not prissy, it's a decent place to stay at a dirt cheap price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom