Feb. 6, 2010 Saanich Inlet reports/photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

very cool. you make me miss my zodiac. keep'em coming!

Mark, nice diver report as usual but also nice to see the US Divers wrap around mask again. I (almost) cried when I dropped mine off a boat a couple of weeks ago but I found it again. What type of second stage is that?

You know it's a real mask when it's held together with stainless steel bolts and nuts. Plus with it's huge volume, I can use it as an emergency source of air. I figure I could get about 5 minutes at 100 feet. I've actually been looking for a round-windowed one like the one in your profile picture. I have one, but the rubber is cracking and it leaves a black ring on my face that's hard to wash off. My second stage is a USD Conshelf 14 (the decal is half worn-off by now). It was my first reg (from over 13 years ago) and I'm still using it.

I lucked out with that mask. It is 60's era with a rubber but holding up well (no cracks). You can buy reproduction models with silicone skirts. I just dove my ScubaPro 109 second stage (60's era) the other day and it is a very easy breather.

Back
Top Bottom