Feb. 18, 2018 Snorkeling Hanauma Bay (Oahu) video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks just as crappy as what I saw several years ago. The bay is beautiful, but unless you get outside of the inner, very shallow reef, there is not much coral life, and I did not think the marine life was worth the drive over there. I enjoyed Shark's Cove, near Waimea Bay, much more, but that too is probably suffering from too many snorkelers crawling all over the reef. When I read reviews of Hanama Bay being a great snorkeling destination, I realize how few people actually know what a great snorkeling site should look like.

Another place that looks better from above. I snorkeled there in 92, and even then remember it being just ok. Kept going out further looking for better. Well protected, shallow, accessible, famous, and kind of cool being in a crater - got loved to death.

Back
Top Bottom