Feature Request: Minimum dive time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The max "end dive delay" is 600 seconds, at least on my Petrels.
That is possible, whatever the number, max it out.
The stock delay is horrible for cave diving, especially with an air dome in the middle, you will lose all your dive time and deco data in the middle of the dive.

Similarly, it would be nice to have the option of manually merging consecutive dives.

I use the Shearwater Cloud set of applications as they integrate very well with my three Shearwater computers and miscellaneous computing devices.

Shearwater Cloud is OK. Not brilliant, but OK. It does integrate with the different Shearwater computers quite well and, albeit with some issues, it at least syncs the data between Macs, iPads, iPhones, etc. It's nice that I can grab the data from the Shearwater using a phone whilst at sea and out of signal range.

For those SubSurface people: does that properly interface with a Shearwater and, say, an iPhone? So run up SubSurface and download dives from the Shearwaters? Is there cloudy storage available for "free"?

It's not at all a workaround, it's just the way I do things. I (as others have mentioned) set the delay to max (I thing 600s). I download my dives into both SW and Subsurface. It's worlds easier to merge / manipulate dives in Subsurface than it is SW. The dc is just a dc on the dive, I back it up in SW because I do like some of the graphs and such. Subsurface is where I keep a record of everything and it automatically labels the dive whatever my next divre # is. Subsurface really is magic.

It's just too much of a pain in the ass to going into the SW app, fixing it, going into the dc, changing the dive #'s to be the same, then changing the next dive # to be what it's supposed to be.

If I had a wish for SW it would be to make a bluetooth app that would let me manipulate all the settings via the app on my smart device (as do other less fancy dc's here in 2021). That would even make the above issue easier to manage.

It's OK. Not brilliant, but OK. It does integrate with the different Shearwater computers quite well and, albeit with some issues, it at least syncs the data between Macs, iPads, iPhones, etc. It's nice that I can grab the data from the Shearwater using a phone whilst at sea and out of signal range.

For those SubSurface people: does that properly interface with a Shearwater and, say, an iPhone? So run up SubSurface and download dives from the Shearwaters? Is there cloudy storage available for "free"?

Subsurface is free, the cloud storage is free, you can backup a copy onto the PC / Mac if you like. The creator is frequent here on SB @dirkhh

SS even knows the next dive you want it to be labeled as even though the SW says different. I sync it to a phone and then manipulate everything on a PC... it's pretty flawless.

Edit: you can even plan back to back deco dives within the computer software (PC / Mac, not the phone).

Shearwater computers are awesome, second to none. Their cloud app on the other hand, is utter SHlT!

IMO that’s an overstatement. It isn’t a stellar app but it’s been slowly improving over time. It does some things very well and other things no so. But calling it ‘utter ****’ is just not accurate. ‘Utter ****’ would mean it hardly works, is inaccurate, crashes frequently, etc. That’s just not the case in my experience.

It nails the fundaments (Bluetooth dive download, sync to cloud, sync to desktop app, dive data available on phone & PC). The UI is still quite clumsy but better than it was. Much improvement is still required though in that regard.

I’ve tried most of the other free dive logs. I don’t like them any better. None are stellar ‘must use’ apps. They are tools. My official dive log is a spreadsheet I’ve been using for 15 years. I don’t want my official log to be tied to any specific dive log app. The Excel format is here to stay and always will be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom