Favorite Surface Signal Devices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbm

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for imput on surface signal devices. I'm after efficiency and effectiveness in a small package.

What do you use and why do you like it?

Thanks in advance. Best regards; jbm

Safety sausage and whistle. Haven't used either, yet, but they're there if needed.

I carry three in a small mesh bag in my BC.
  1. safety sausage
  2. whistle
  3. cd
    [/list=1]

No the CD is not for listening pleasure. I use it as my "mirror". I get so many in the mail, as the shiney reflective surface gets worn out, I replace it.

I carry a large safety sausage...the Blob... and a mirror at all times. If in the ocean, I also use a Dive Alert.

Does anyone have a Storm whistle?? Are they as loud as advertised?? Where did you purchase??

Originally posted by jbm
Does anyone have a Storm whistle?? Are they as loud as advertised?? Where did you purchase??

I've got one of the smaller versions (the Windstorm, I think the large one is kind of bulky for BC use) and it is LOUD. If you blow on it hard you'll hurt your ears. And they really do work underwater, I tested it out, although I'm not sure how useful it is to pull the reg out of your mouth to plow in a whistle.

I just yank my mask up and scream and wave my arms over my head. Seems towork just fine. They come for me real quick! :wink:

Actually, I use a whistle, and a safety sausage. I do like that CD idea though. Good one!

[
No the CD is not for listening pleasure. I use it as my "mirror". I get so many in the mail, as the shiney reflective surface gets worn out, I replace it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey Mcguyver, what can you do with 8-tracks? jbm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom