favorite night Dive??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My absolute favorite is Ogden Point, in Victoria. It's a great shore dive, and you can clean up your gear and get a coffee afterwards...

badmojo:
My absolute favorite is Ogden Point, in Victoria. It's a great shore dive, and you can clean up your gear and get a coffee afterwards...

The Breakwater is pretty good, but I would have to say Ten Mile Point is my favorite night dive around Victoria. You get current, a beautiful wall with the best sea life in town. A little bit more chanllenging than the Breakwater but that what make it fun :07:

Hyper-limits:
The Breakwater is pretty good, but I would have to say Ten Mile Point is my favorite night dive around Victoria. You get current, a beautiful wall with the best sea life in town. A little bit more chanllenging than the Breakwater but that what make it fun :07:

Living downtown it was just too easy to do the dive and then hit the noodlebox. Plus after diving around, ten mile, the inlet and even out on the rocks I never saw any better sea life than I saw on the breakwater. Everything from octopus to ling that you could pretty much pet.

Ten mile is a good dive tho, I really enjoyed the flow over there.

I'm sure ogden would be a great night dive but those horrid block are a nightmare during the day. I can't even begin to imagin them at night. I have yet to do 10 mile point, so a few day trips would be needed first.
Any other suggestions out there?

The Breakwater is a nice night dive and easy to navigate... especially if you are fairly new to night diving. It's a good site with alot of life that comes out at night... and I like the fact that it's not too far a drive from home!

Ten Mile is an awesome night dive... and is the site where I saw my first octopus!! It's also a great day time dive... with a lot of colour and life... and at least 3 octopus dens!! Definitely a good idea to dive it during the day a few times before trying it as a night dive... and make sure to check the Tides & Currents before you go! Feel free to message me.. and I can explain the easiest way to determine the currents for the site...

My favourite night dives in the area... Willis Point and McKenzie Bight. I love the inlet.. probably because I like going deep!! Not as much variety in colour or life as Ten Mile... but a great chance to encounter a 6-Gill :)

well.. that's just my 2-cents worth.. hope it helps..

I like Seducers cove in Nanoose(aka blueback beach), Tanner rock off Mill Bay rd., Maple Bay(simple dive, but fun.), Ten Mile, Keel Cove Nanaimo, And any wharf with good lighting makes for some cool ambience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom