Favorite Movies & Books

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TropicalSue

Reaction score
I scanned all posts in this section before posting this. My favorite movies that having diving in them are:
1. Into The Blue with Paul Walker (cutie)
2. Fool's Gold with Matthew McConehey (sp?) He's so cute & funny
3. After The Storm with Benjamin Bratt. He's another hottie & this movie is based on some stories by Ernest Hemingway. One story of his is "Winner Take Nothing" in which the man comes across a recent sunken pleasure boat but has no proper equipment to salvage it. And later some Greek salvagers come and claim the find. This movie was filmed in Belize and is available on DVD.
4. The Deep with Nick Nolte. Filmed in the 70's and is a nice classic movie.

I'm sure there are more dive/scuba related movies out there. Please add to this list. :)

BOOKS:
1. Deep Shadow by Randy Wayne White (there are some nice reviews of this book on this thread subject).

And there are other good books as you scan the posts here.

Any others that we may of missed??

Also, the tv show Into The Drink by Liquid Assets. I want to be able to buy a dvd of the show, or at least download the episodes from iTunes or somewhere. I will also check youtube for this show. :)

Safe diving, have lots of fun. :)
Susan and my dog Kelly

I scanned all posts in this section before posting this. My favorite movies that having diving in them are:
1. Into The Blue with Paul Walker (cutie)

Stay away from Into the Blue II, a direct to video knockoff with no real connection to the first one.

3. After The Storm with Benjamin Bratt. He's another hottie & this movie is based on some stories by Ernest Hemingway.--Thanks for the tip

Additional favorites for me: Thunderball; Open Water; Men of Honor; The Guardian (not exactly diving, but masks and fins bring it in close enough)

And, I love my Sea Hunt DVDs. Cheezy but fun to watch.

The life aquatic. might have been an oversight on your part, but you left it off the list. absolutely hilarious

I ordered a copy of Sea Hunt from a friend that has it. And I have a dvd of Beneath The 12 mile reef starring a young Robert Wagner, filmed in the Florida Keys about sponge divers. I also got Into The Blue 2 for $5 from a truck stop. The making of videos are more entertaining then the actual movie!!

I also got on audiobook "The Deep" by Peter Benchley. It's something to listen to while I drive my big rig all day!! They also have "Jaws" audiobook. Both on audible.com

I also got a dvd about Mel Fisher diving for the Atocha. It was filmed in the 80's. And I believe there are a few other movies/documentaries made of Mel Fisher finding the atocha.

I've also seen "The Life Aquatic". It was interesting.

ttyl, susan and my dog kelly

Hello. Ive seen every feature film concerning diving ever made including the tv series Sea Hunt. My favorite is The Big Blue written and directed by the French filmmaker Luc Besson. His parents were dive instructors for Club Med. This is with out a doubt the most beautifully photographed cinematography, music, film I have ever seen. It is about free diving, not scuba diving, but if you love dolphins then this is the movie for you. To this day, I am still wondering how Besson got that last shot where he comes to contact with a dolphin at night. Very beautiful film. HERE IS THE LINK TO IMDB.COM The Big Blue (1988) - IMDb. Be sure to click on users comments as well as Luc Besson film resume and bio. Also check out the cast. Jean Reno and Rosanna
Arquette are in it.

Enjoy,
mark

I got the movie "The Big Blue" Director's cut. It came from Hong Kong. :) It had Asian subtitles but was spoken in English. The movie is pretty good. I love the dolphin sequences.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom