fatality with cly exsplosion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 8 tanks in my cellar. All are stored standing up under a wire shelf with a bungee around the valve hooked to the wire shelf. They may wobble but they won't fall down, weebill tanks.

The reason I choose to store them upright is water, if water gets in a tank better to have rust on the bottom, the thickest part of the tank, than laying along the wall of the tank.

High pressure gas cylinders should be treated like bombs looking for a reason to explode.

I have my tanks secured. If I see any tank unsecured I say something. In my youth I saw the damage caused by a a tank that fell, it was extensive. Luckily it killed no one, including me, who was walking by when accident transpired.

...Scuba tanks don't fall under the OSHA storage requirements, but some states do have state osha that applies.

Abnfrog meant our Canadian OHSA (Occupational Health and Safety Act), which has an entire section on commercial diving operations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom