Fatality: Laguna beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trymixdiver

Reaction score
From the Register this morning:

Scuba diver dies in Laguna

The Orange County Register

LAGUNA BEACH A Huntington Beach man died after losing consciousness while scuba diving Sunday, the coroner's office said.

Phuc Vinh Le, 35, died at 10:39 a.m., about an hour after his diving partner pulled him from the water.

They were returning to shore after diving in North Crescent Bay when the partner looked back and saw Le floating facedown in the water, according to the coroner.

Le died at South Coast Medical Center. An autopsy is scheduled for today.

Sad news, always hits home when its a beach you dive alot. if i find out more i will post any details.

My condolences to the family and friends

Andy

Have you heard anything else about this? I read what was in the Register on Monday and saw this post, but have not heard anything else. Does anyone know any more details about this incident?
While any case of a diver injured is upsetting, this is even more personally so since I was diving in Laguna on Sunday - we were debating between Shaw's and Crescent, and decided on Shaw's, so we weren't there when it happened, but very nearly could have been (we surfaced at approx 9:30 - the same time he was pulled from the water).
Condolences to the family and the victim's buddy.

My friends dive cressant every Sunday, i e mailed them to find out if they saw or participated, but i have yet to hear bak from them.

at this point i only know what you know.

Andy

I will post here if i find out anything.

Was e mailed this from my instructor friend who dives Cressant every weekend.

"Andy,

Yes, we did dive Crescent on Sunday and we did see the attempted rescue on that guy by lifeguards & paramedics but I don't know the details of what happened. All I know is that his body came ashore over by Seal Rock and he had been with a group from Sports Chalet. He had no pulse when they got him out of the water.

John"

Guess we will never know what happen, they dont usually do a follow up story in the paper on these.

Andy

Back
Top Bottom