Fastest Smallest SLR Underwater System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhaas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
The SPEED of a SLR for fast AF, Canon's 18MP APS-C sensor and Canon Digic 5 processor in a super lightweight camera :)

Ikelite Underwater Housing for Canon EOS 100D Rebel SL1 DSLR Camera

The Canon Rebel SL1 (100D) camera and 18-55mm EF-S IS STM lens is a great all around lens coupled with the drop in simplicity of this new housing. The dome will work with the Tokina 10-17mm Fisheye lens also. A FLAT port option for Canon's super sharp 60mm Macro is also available.

Add a compact Ikelite DS51 strobe(s), Flex arm plus synch cord for a totally compact travel package.

My decades of real world underwater digital shooting is included.

Email: davidhaas@sbcglobal.net

www.haasimages.com

Attachments

• AustraliaSeaFanSME.jpg
    AustraliaSeaFanSME.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 344
Ikelite has posted about this on their Facebook page. I asked about the vignetting with the 10-17 fisheye that they mention. They said it was slight vignetting in the corners that goes away when you zoom to 13mm. Might or might not be a deal killer for me, depending how bad it is. Otherwise, sounds great, particularly the ability to access the memory card and battery without unmounting the camera from the plate and to to take the camera in and out of the housing without messing with the front port.

Not being negative(too much---lol) but that pic doesn't look that clear....I've looked @ it on 3 different monitors & it looks the same on all 3.....Do you have other(better) pics??.......tia....

Here you go Joe, see if this looks clearer!

LOL.....

For some reason small files that look fine in emails and on FB don't seem to go through as clear here.......

DH

Attachments

• IMG_8484.jpg
    IMG_8484.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 246
Ikelite has posted about this on their Facebook page. I asked about the vignetting with the 10-17 fisheye that they mention. They said it was slight vignetting in the corners that goes away when you zoom to 13mm. Might or might not be a deal killer for me, depending how bad it is. Otherwise, sounds great, particularly the ability to access the memory card and battery without unmounting the camera from the plate and to to take the camera in and out of the housing without messing with the front port.

We have this item on order and hope to adapt our Precision 5" Dome to the housing. It should provide wider coverage, sharper images and no vignetting. This additional dome should be ready for sale in mid June.

For some reason small files that look fine in emails and on FB don't seem to go through as clear here.......

DH

Files are compressed when uploaded...you can figure out the rest. Just upload to Dropbox or any other cloud based storage, post the link and full resolution will be preserved.

tridacna,

Thanks............I usually do the simplest fastest easiest method :) Guess it isn't best for all sites.......

The Ikelite Canon Rebel SL1 housing will be popular.........No one needs dozens of lens choices IMHO........Plus there likely are a few other WA choices that may fit in the dome. Plus flat port lens options.

I'll be in Bonaire this May shooting a couple different wide angle choices plus my Canon 60mm Macro lens.

Stay tuned..........

David Haas
www.haasimages.com

Attachments

• IMG_2474.jpg
    IMG_2474.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 165
Dave:
What options are available for super macro? I have the 60 and I often use it with a 500D add on lens, will that fit in the port? What about a 1.4 teleconverter? What about subsee etc?
thanks
Bill

Bill,

FLAT port will be for Canon 60mm Macro lens exclusively but has 67mm threads. So you could mount any Super Macro wet lens is my understanding......

Inside add ons I don't know but doubt they'll be room as this is aimed at SLR shooters who want simplicity to my knowledge......

David Haas
www.haasimages.com

Attachments

• IMG_5063.jpg
    IMG_5063.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 154

Back
Top Bottom