Fast boats with shade canopy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

natgas

Registered
Reaction score
Are their dive ops in Coz that have fast boats with a shade canopy . Or suggest a dive op that uses the larger boats with shade that are somewhat fast.
Thanks

Blue Angel's boats are super fast, and all of them have a shade canopy that covers the majority of the boat. They depart at 8 am and we were almost always back before noon. We were in the water before any of the other boats were even on the sites. Great op, and killer people as well!

I think most of the small operators have fast 6-pax boats with canopies. I recommend signing up with one of the many really good ones and use the fast boats. When you go to Maracaibo or Barracuda, there is really no other way.

I spent 6 blissful days with Mago and Pedro Pable at Blue XT Sea. We were usually 3-4 divers including David (hi there) sometimes, and it was super fast and fun. Good luck with your trip.

Many fit your request--- My favorite is Bottom Time Divers. Raul dose not rush you and he has eyes like a hawk to spot things.

Others I've dove with and I would recommend in no order are:

Liquid Blue
BlueXTSea
Living Underwater
Dive with Alison

You are going t get a lot of different suggestions with that question for Cozumel. Most dive ops have the canopy type of shade on there boats. My favorite op is Aldora for, IMO, they have the fastest boats, leave a bit earlier then the others so you are the first to do the dive without anyone else there which is very important when doing a drift dive.

You are going t get a lot of different suggestions with that question for Cozumel. Most dive ops have the canopy type of shade on there boats. My favorite op is Aldora for, IMO, they have the fastest boats, leave a bit earlier then the others so you are the first to do the dive without anyone else there which is very important when doing a drift dive.
Getting there first is highly overrated, IMO. More often than not, if we get to a site when there are boats there already, we still do not see any other divers at depth. Even if we do, so what?

As to having the "fastest boats"; even if your op of choice did have a couple of kph edge in boat speed (how would you know that?), that is not going to make a difference to anybody. It's not a boat race.

Gordon is on the money about the speed. I have blown by a few of Aldoras' boats heading south to dive. But your not sitting down on a run like that when you hit a wave your back takes a beating. So going that fast is not all that fun. But the boats of Scubamau do head out pretty darn quick and they are covered also.

Thank you all very much for your suggestions.
I will be staying at Villa blanca Jan 11 to 16 and I see that Scuba Mau has there shop there as well . Would they be a good choice ? Might they have Al 100s for my air hog & easily sun damaged buddy ? .
FIRSTDIVE 2005 thanks for mentioning them , with no boat photos on their web site I didn't know if they were covered or not .
My first trip as an advanced diver to Coz but new to drift diving.
Would anyone suggest a first dive with a divemaster 3 some. with my buddy. Just to get the hang of the routine and to get proper buoyancy / weight set up for the week?
Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thank you all very much for your suggestions.
I will be staying at Villa blanca Jan 11 to 16 and I see that Scuba Mau has there shop there as well . Would they be a good choice ? Might they have Al 100s for my air hog & easily sun damaged buddy ? .
FIRSTDIVE 2005 thanks for mentioning them , with no boat photos on their web site I didn't know if they were covered or not .
My first trip as an advanced diver to Coz but new to drift diving.
Would anyone suggest a first dive with a divemaster 3 some. with my buddy. Just to get the hang of the routine and to get proper buoyancy / weight set up for the week?
Thanks again.
Mau is a fine op and convenient to Villablanca; I'm sure you'll have a good experience with them, and most shops can get the larger tanks if you arrange for them in advance. There's no down side of hiring a private DM for your first dive day, especially if you are a bit uneasy about drift diving.

Have a great trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom